With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2018 Safeway Open, continue this week at the 2018 CIMB Classic and will continue through to the Tour Championship in Atlanta in August 2019, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
Before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
We started well in our comeback to the PGA Tour...after a few days off. Sungjae Im nearly got into a playoff at the Safeway Open, and it was a solid start to use the Korean rookie. This week, the CIMB Classic is unfolding in Malaysia, kicking off the three-tournament Asia Swing. TPC Kuala Lumpur is a pretty easy golf course, with winning scores around 20 under par or lower. So we're looking for guys who like to take it deep and dominate the par 5s.
2018 CIMB Classic One and Done picks
- Ryan Moore: A two-time winner here, Moore got into a playoff at Silverado last week.
- Justin Thomas: I mean, you could use him here, and I wouldn't call that a bad play. But this is a no-cut event. Take a risk.
- Xander Schauffele: We seem to have established Xander blooms at the end of a season/year. He likes this event.
- Gary Woodland: Really easy to forget Gary for some reason, but he's done mighty fine here.
My pick this week will be Xander Schauffele. I think he's due for his biggest season yet, but I love him in this spot.
2018-2019 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- Safeway Open: Sungjae Im (T-4)
- CIMB Classic: Xander Schauffele