With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2017 Safeway Open, continue to the 2018 John Deere Classic this week and will work through the Tour Championship in Atlanta in September 2018, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
Before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
How about Kevin freaking Na?! The guy ends a seven-year winless skid with an emotional rout at The Greenbrier, turning what had the potential to be a dud into one of the better events of the last few weeks.
Now we head to the Sixth Major, the John Deere Classic, with a weak, pre-British Open field. Bryson DeChambeau defends while the likes of Ryan Moore, Zach Johnson and Steve Stricker give chase at TPC Deere Run.
2018 John Deere Classic One and Done picks
- Zach Johnson -- ZJ has a tremendous record here, and this place is pretty much custom-built for his game.
- Ryan Moore -- T-13 finishes in two of his last three starts.
- Wesley Bryan -- I feel like Bryan is coming around a little bit, and this is a venue he has liked in the past.
- Bryson DeChambeau -- No doubt gutted by the USGA-compass ruling, he's gonna be out for blood this week.
- Francesco Molinari -- He's in the field here, which is a bit of a surprise. Might be worth the jump.
My pick this week will be Francesco Molinari. I don't feel strongly about Wesley Bryan, and we know Molinari has a win and a number of high finishes this season in the bag.
2017-2018 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- Safeway Open: Webb Simpson (T-17)
- CIMB Classic: Xander Schauffele (T-3)
- CJ Cup at Nine Bridges: Tony Finau (T-26)
- WGC-HSBC Champions: Henrik Stenson (T-2)
- Sanderson Farms Championship: Chesson Hadley (2nd)
- Shriners Hospitals for Children Open: Ryan Moore (T-51)
- OHL Classic at Mayakoba: Pat Perez (T-33)
- The RSM Classic: Charles Howell III (MC)
- Sentry Tournament of Champions: Brian Harman (3rd)
- Sony Open in Hawaii: Gary Woodland (T-7)
- CareerBuilder Challenge: Jason Dufner (T-36)
- Farmers Insurance Open: Rickie Fowler (MC)
- Waste Management Phoenix Open: Hideki Matsuyama (WD)
- AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am: Brandt Snedeker (T-20)
- Genesis Open: Paul Casey (T-49)
- The Honda Classic: Kiradech Aphibarnrat (T-68)
- WGC-Mexico Championship: Tommy Fleetwood (T-14)
- Valspar Championship: Sergio Garcia (4th)
- Arnold Palmer Invitational: Justin Rose (3rd)
- WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play: Patrick Reed (T-9)
- Corales Punta Cana Resort and Club Championship: Emiliano Grillo (T-50)
- Houston Open: Russell Henley (T-8)
- Masters: Justin Thomas (T-17)
- RBC Heritage: Matt Kuchar (T-23)
- Valero Texas Open: Charley Hoffman (T-64)
- Zurich Classic: Wesley Bryan (MC)
- Wells Fargo Championship: Kyle Stanley (T-13)
- The Players Championship: Bryson DeChambeau (T-37)
- AT&T Byron Nelson: Jimmy Walker (T-6)
- Ft. Worth Invitational at Colonial: Chris Kirk (T-11)
- the Memorial Tournament: Marc Leishman (T-62)
- FedEx St. Jude Classic: Joaquin Niemann (MC)
- US Open: Dustin Johnson (3rd)
- Travelers Championship: Daniel Berger (T-67)
- Quicken Loans National: Tiger Woods (T-4)
- A Military Tribute at The Greenbrier: Brian Gay (T-39)
- John Deere Classic: Francesco Molinari