Each week, including this week's 2018 AT&T Byron Nelson, Golf News Net offers daily fantasy (DFS) golf advice, picks, lineups and tips for DraftKings PGA Tour games, scrutinizing the pricing model and looking for players who will perform best in both guaranteed prize pool (GPP) events and cash games.
FOR GNN PLUS MEMBERS ONLY!
For as little as $8 per year (and an available 1-day trial), you can be a GNN Plus member and gain access to this advice, other unique golf content and use of our research tools that can help you find diamonds in the rough.
ADDITIONAL TOOLS INCLUDE
- Searchable PGA Tour results database -- A full database of PGA Tour results dating back to 2011, including strokes gained breakouts, money, designers and grass info.
- PGA Tour top-15 finish trends -- A look at the players who have finished in the top 15 in any of the last five PGA Tour events.
- Player-course fit modeling -- This one is experimental, but I think it has lots of potential. This tool looks at the breakdown of each player's Strokes Gained Putting, Approach, Off the Tee and Tee to Green when they finish in the top 25 and compare to the averages in those categories for top 25 finishers at each week's event. I believe similarities in the breakouts can help clue us in to potential course fits (or horses for courses).
- Player performance comparison -- Each player has different strengthes and, therefore, a different path to success, be that finishing in the top 15 or making the cut. So, we compare Strokes Gained Putting, Approach and Off the Tee when each player finishes in those positions to help understand player strengths and weaknesses.
- Strokes gained putting by grass type -- Some guys just putt better on Bermudagrass or Bentgrass, the two dominant strains on the PGA Tour. Always helps to see specialists on either surface.
- Course demands: Each week, you'll be able to see the strokes gained breakout -- putting, approach, off the tee, tee to green -- for each host course compared to the PGA Tour as it relates to winners, top-15 finishers and top-30 finishers.
- Top average Quality Strokes Gained for the year: Our Quality Strokes Gained combines strokes gained and strength-of-field figures into a single statistic, so this data shows the players who perform the best against the best competition.
- Top 50 QSG performances of the year: We wanted to help you understand Quality Strokes Gained more broadly, so we have the rolling list of the top 50 QSG performances of the year.
To access this research hidden below and MANY more fantasy golf tools, sign up for GNN Plus for as little as $8/year to gain access to the analysis! You can sign up for a 72-hour trial period for $3 to see our tools and advice in action.
Your first two months' dues will be donated to one of two charities: Special Olympics or The First Tee!