Looking for 2018 Valero Texas Open picks, either for betting or fantasy golf games like DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, Golf Channel or the PGA Tour?
We have your 2018 Valero Texas Open rankings and expert picks, as we do each week of the PGA Tour season.
Well, the Masters is behind us, and the PGA Tour moves up the coastline to Hilton Head Island, S.C., for the Valero Texas Open. Harbour Town is always a fun golf course, and it's very different from Augusta National. Cool change up in a lot of ways.
Remember, history tells us guys who played the Masters the week prior tend to win here.
For those new to our weekly picks, we offer our top 10 players for free. GNN Plus members get additional analysis and research otherwise hidden to the general public, and that's in addition to access to a searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, top-15 PGA Tour trends and season-long DraftKings salary trends. You can try GNN Plus for 72 hours for $3!
2018 Valero Texas Open rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Charley Hoffman -- This is his tournament. Hard to argue with him here as the horse-for-course play.
2. Matt Kuchar -- Kuchar slipped some after a promising Thursday at Harbour Town, but his record here is rock solid, even if not Hoffman-esque.
3. Luke List -- List continues putting himself in position on golf courses demanding accuracy. That's this course, with trouble lurking off the tee.
4. Brendan Steele -- Missed his first cut of the year at the Masters, but I like him most times he tees it up. Also has very good history here.
5. Sergio Garcia -- OK, let's get over the 15 at the Masters. Garcia is a class player in this field.
6. Chesson Hadley -- I'm a huge fan of Chessie, and his ballstriking is just what this course requires.
7. Ryan Moore -- Moore is playing well of late under the radar. In his last six starts, he has three top-16 finishes.
8. Kevin Chappell -- There's some personal bias infecting this pick because Chappell has burned me in two straight tournaments. But his record here is fantastic.
9. Scott Piercy -- We're sleeping on Scott Piercy this year, man. Two missed cuts, yes, but also five top-20 finishes in his last eight PGA Tour starts.
10. Bill Haas -- Haas has started to make a full-throated return to golf. His performance in Hilton Head was a great sign (T-7).
My primary DraftKings lineup
- Luke List - $10,000
- Brendan Steele - $8,900
- Chesson Hadley - $8,500
- Bill Haas - $7,600
- Scott Piercy - $7,400
- C.T. Pan - $7,200
For more DraftKings analysis, sign up for GNN Plus and check out our 2018 Valero Texas Open DraftKings advice!