With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2017 Safeway Open, continue to the 2018 Arnold Palmer Invitational this week and will work through the Tour Championship in Atlanta in September 2018, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
First, before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
We had a solid week of recommendations. Tiger was T-2. Jason Kokrak was strong. Sergio Garcia was 4th. Stenson, not so much.
Now we move back to Florida for the Arnold Palmer Invitational. Another strong field and lots of varying options for your one-and-done needs.
2018 Arnold Palmer Invitational One and Done picks
- Tiger Woods: Maybe it's time to hold up on him for a major, but Bay Hill is still about as good of a Tiger course as there is.
- Jason Kokrak: Coming back with him this week because he has a good record here and is in good form.
- Kiradech Aphibarnrat: You may not use Barnrat like I do, but he's got some top-eight finishes here and played well in Mexico.
- Justin Rose: He's as close to a Tiger-esque horse-for-course here as possible.
My pick this week will be Justin Rose. His record here is impeccable, and that meltdown with six holes to go last week should motivate him.
2017-2018 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- Safeway Open: Webb Simpson (T-17)
- CIMB Classic: Xander Schauffele (T-3)
- CJ Cup at Nine Bridges: Tony Finau (T-26)
- WGC-HSBC Champions: Henrik Stenson (T-2)
- Sanderson Farms Championship: Chesson Hadley (2nd)
- Shriners Hospitals for Children Open: Ryan Moore (T-51)
- OHL Classic at Mayakoba: Pat Perez (T-33)
- The RSM Classic: Charles Howell III (MC)
- Sentry Tournament of Champions: Brian Harman (3rd)
- Sony Open in Hawaii: Gary Woodland (T-7)
- CareerBuilder Challenge: Jason Dufner (T-36)
- Farmers Insurance Open: Rickie Fowler (MC)
- Waste Management Phoenix Open: Hideki Matsuyama (WD)
- AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am: Brandt Snedeker (T-20)
- Genesis Open: Paul Casey (T-49)
- The Honda Classic: Kiradech Aphibarnrat (T-68)
- WGC-Mexico Championship: Tommy Fleetwood (T-14)
- Valspar Championship: Sergio Garcia (4th)
- Arnold Palmer Invitational: Justin Rose