Looking for 2018 Genesis Open picks, either for betting or fantasy golf games like DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, Golf Channel or the PGA Tour?
We have your 2018 Genesis Open rankings and expert picks, as we do each week of the PGA Tour season.
For the New Year, we’re changing up the fantasy lineup here at Golf News Net:
- Weekly top 10 rankings and fantasy golf picks here
- One and done fantasy golf picks
- Betting odds and tips
- DraftKings daily fantasy golf picks for GNN+ members
- Fantasy golf content from Tour Level Fantasy
For those new to our weekly picks, we offer our top 10 players for free. GNN Plus members get additional analysis and research otherwise hidden to the general public, and that’s in addition to access to a searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, top-15 PGA Tour trends and season-long DraftKings salary trends.
The PGA Tour is in the Los Angeles area for what is the biggest PGA Tour event of 2018 so far. The Genesis Open at Riviera Country Club features pretty much two-thirds of the world top 50, plus Tiger Woods, at Riviera Country Club. This event has become the anchor of the West Coast Swing, and for good reason.
2018 Genesis Open rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Dustin Johnson — Keeping DJ at No. 1 here despite a lousy Sunday at Pebble Beach. Never got anything going. But he’ll be OK.
2. Jordan Spieth — Spieth is almost here by default. He wasn’t very good on Sunday at Pebble by his standard, but he feels he’s found something with his putter that’s been lagging of late.
3. Rory McIlroy — It just makes too much sense for Rory to be a winner here. He drives the ball great, which is a lot of the battle at Riviera.
4. Paul Casey — Casey needs to be on this list, and he probably should’ve been on last week’s list. Four starts this season, one worse than T-11.
5. Justin Thomas — Still holding JT in high esteem, just not sure how I feel about him this particular week.
6. Tommy Fleetwood — Fleetwood won in Abu Dhabi with an incredible final nine to take out McIlroy, and he’s no worse than sixth in three Euro Tour starts this year.
7. Phil Mickelson — Mickelson posted consecutive top-five finishes on the PGA Tour in Phoenix and Pebble. First time since 2013.
8. Brendan Steele — The Man of Steele finished third in his last start in Phoenix, and he has a pretty good record here. No missed cuts this season.
9. Charley Hoffman — Hoffman is a tepid play here, based in large part on being one of the rare good players here on a regular basis.
10. Chez Reavie — Gotta love Chez continuing to play great at Pebble Beach last week after losing in the Phoenix playoff. Keep it going.
My DraftKings primary lineup
- Dustin Johnson – $11,900
- Tony Finau – $8,200
- Brendan Steele – $7,900
- Kevin Chappell – $7,700
- Sang-moon Bae – $7,200
- Brandon Harkins – $6,800
For more DraftKings analysis, sign up for GNN Plus and check out our 2018 Genesis Open DraftKings advice!