Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf picks. Each week of the PGA Tour season, we'll present our top picks for that week's tournament and make recommendations for DraftKings' one-week fantasy leagues.
Have you ever played one-week fantasy leagues? YOU COULD WIN $100,000 THIS WEEK! Give them a try with a free entry this week with your first deposit. You could take down our expert picks and win some big bucks.
We're in the final week of the PGA Tour regular season, with the Wyndham Championship in Greensboro, N.C., taking its normal spot on the schedule as the Last Chance Saloon for guys to secure their spot in the FedEx Cup playoffs and playoff positioning for the upcoming four-event stretch.
We also had a great week for you in the John Deere Classic and Olympics, identifying the winners of both and most of the top 10 in each through our picks, either in our free top 10 or our GNN Plus analysis.
Also, don't forget that the European Tour is back this week with the D+D Real Czech Masters, so you can find those picks shortly.
For GNN Plus subscribers, you can access our NEW searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, our top-15 finish chart and season-long trends on DraftKings valuations. They'll be available at your disposal as part of a growing set of tools to help in your research.
2016 Wyndham Championship top 10 picks
1. Patrick Reed -- Reed is a former winner here, doing that in 2013 for his first PGA Tour win. He had a good finish in Rio (final-round wise), and he's been a top-15 mainstay most of the summer.
2. Webb Simpson -- Simpson is the ultimate horse for this course. He is a past winner and loves playing in his home state. Four top-15s in the last five years.
3. Bill Haas -- Haas is another horse for course in his collegiate state. He's got a trio of top-15s here in the last five years and knows how to go to low on this course.
4. Jim Furyk -- Mr. 58 is in action for the first time since that historic final round at TPC River Highlands. Second appearance here; was T-9 in 2011.
5. Ryan Moore -- RyMo won last week at the Deere, and he's won here in the past (2009). This is RyMoTime on the schedule.
6. William McGirt -- McGirt has a good record in the Wyndham Championship. He's been in the top 15 here in each of the last two years.
7. Jon Rahm -- The Rahm Threat (thanks, Jon Wall) finished T-14 at the Deere and few seemed to notice. He's yet to miss a cut as a pro, and he should be able to dominate this course.
8. Justin Thomas -- J.T. had a very good finish in the top three at the Travelers, closing with 62. He's erratic, but he played well here for the first 54 last year.
9. Jimmy Walker -- The PGA champion is in the field for the first start since his major breakthrough. He was T-4 here in 2012, and he's starting to play more consistent golf.
10. Wesley Bryan -- We're going to keep pumping up Wesley, whose great putting should be an asset here. He was T-8 at the Deere.
My DraftKings team for this week:
1. Webb Simpson - $10,200
2. William McGirt - $8,700
3. Justin Thomas - $8,600
4. Ben Martin - $8,000
5. Jason Dufner - $7,900
6. Alex Cejka - $6,600
Join GNN Plus and get the fantasy edge!
If you want to win at DraftKings daily fantasy golf, you have to figure out a way to find six golfers that play all 72 holes and earn roughly 85 points each.
You likely have to identify a couple of players in the top five, at least the top seven, and you'd ideally not have a player finish outside the top 20.
Doing that takes research, looking at a variety of factors, including:
- Finish trends, both in recent weeks on the PGA Tour and at that week's event,
- Salary trends, deciphering which players are showing value based on their performance, and
- Statistical trends, identifying the common threads among winners in that week's event
That's what Golf News Net will deliver each week to GNN Plus members in this space, offering a complete research package which dives into these three areas to find the players that should be in your lineup for this week.
To access this research hidden below and MANY more fantasy golf tools, sign up for GNN Plus to gain access to the analysis!
BECOME A GNN PLUS MEMBER NOW!
Cancel anytime for a pro-rated refund
$30 for 12 months' access
$3 for 1 month's access, auto-renews
$3 for 1 month's access, doesn't auto-renew
SUPPORT GNN IN OUR MISSION TO CHANGE GOLF MEDIA
For just $10 annually, you'll get:
- An ad-free experience
- Exclusive fantasy golf and betting research
- Special discounts and member benefits
- Entry into member-only giveaways
- A USGA handicap for just $20 per year