This week’s edition of The 19th Hole Golf Show is a bit of a philosophical one. We’re not talking so much about the events of the past week or two in golf, but rather, we welcome friend Dr. Rob Bell to the program. His new book is called “The Hinge: The Importance of Mental Toughness.”
Rob and Ryan talk about the concepts in the book and go back and forth on topics like:
- Sports success being dictated by fate, preparation or both
- What the line is between confidence and delusion
- How a little ignorance can go a long way in being successful
- The ability not to identify an opportunity to succeed but to be prepared for it
- The key distinction between choking and collapsing
- Did Tiger Woods choke, collapse or neither at the World Challenge?
It’s a great conversation that, frankly, is applicable to more than just golf or sport, but to life. Check out Rob’s book on his website, and be sure to subscribe to our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher or Spreaker.