That's the word from Tiger Woods on Monday about his intentions to reconcile with Sergio Garcia after their third-round incident at The Players Championship two weeks ago.
When the world No. 1 was asked if he would patch things up with the Spaniard, Woods simply said, "No." Later speaking with USA Today after a news conference to promote the AT&T National at Congressional C.C. in Bethesda, Md., from June 27-30, Woods expounded on his answer.
"Obviously, the matter has been put behind me. The truth came out," Woods said to USA Today of the spat with Garcia. "As I was saying the entire time, I told people what I had heard and what had happened."
Garcia and a quartet of tournament volunteers in two separate reports all seem to offer their own version of events at the par-5 second hole in the last group of the third round, featuring Woods and Garcia. Garcia accused Woods of pulling a club to attempt a difficult hook shot from a lie of pine needles in the woods some 50 yards to the left of Garcia. Woods said he was told by marshals that Garcia had already played, but didn't say at what point he was notified of that. Two marshals told Sports Illustrated they did not converse with Woods at all, while another pair told the Florida Times-Union they gave Woods the go-ahead to hit, although not in the order Woods insinuated.