With his last-second victory at the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational, Keegan Bradley has locked up a spot on the American Ryder Cup team.
Following this week's PGA Championship, eight players will automatically qualify for the U.S. team, captained by Davis Love III. After the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational, here are the top eight in the standings (with points earned and last week’s position in the top eight in parentheses):
1. Tiger Woods (5,727.61; 1)
2. Jason Dufner (5,593.50; 3)
3. Bubba Watson (5,528.48; 2)
4. Keegan Bradley (4,782.21; 9)
5. Webb Simpson (4,635.50; 4)
6. Zach Johnson (4,461.54; 5)
7. Matt Kuchar (4,448.94; 6)
8. Phil Mickelson (4,163.61; 7)
Love also has four wild-card selections he will make in September. Here are some current notables:
9. Hunter Mahan - Mahan has won twice this season. It's hard to imagine he does not make the team.
10. Steve Stricker - The veteran finished T-2 at Firestone in a week that will likely secure his place at Medinah.
11. Jim Furyk - Though he has now handed away a major and a WGC, Furyk has been so close to winning three times this year.
12. Rickie Fowler - He has not been the same since winning in Charlotte and taking a crack at The Players.
13. Brandt Snedeker - The T-3 at Lytham might get DL3's attention, but doesn't seem enough. Then again, his short-game prowess may hike his value.
14. Dustin Johnson - A winner this season while playing a limited schedule, Johnson may get some help from any pull Phil Mickelson has.
15. Bo Van Pelt - Despite playing some of the most consistent golf this season, he is on the outside looking in at the team.