Life skills training is an important part of education and growing up, as these skills has a day-to-day application in life. Young people have to find their way in the world, and developing their life skills is as much a part of their success as in-classroom learning and development.
There are different ways to learn various life skills and one of these is to take up a sport -- especially useful can be golf.
What can students learn while playing golf
- Etiquette. In most cases, golf is played without the presence of judges; players themselves evaluate their actions, and they themselves impose penalties and apply the rules. Students should play golf because it is based on values that are lacking in our society. In golf, the emphasis is on etiquette.
- Good physical form in all ages. Young people leading non-active lifestyles start to suffer from obesity, but golf is a sport that makes them move. While playing golf, they walk across the course on foot with a bag their shoulder. A person weighing 70 kg burns 350 calories per round. When asked what he likes best about golf, one young golfer answered: “This is good for me. I walk more and watch less TV.”
- Preparing for future professional life. Golf is a type of sport that helps prepare students for a business career and, in general, for any professional activity. Like while reading edu birdie reviews we learn how to choose the perfect writing service, through playing golf students can choose how to choose the appropriate behavioral pattern for a particular situation. Playing golf, young people learn the basics of the rules of behavior in society, which opens the door for them, both in business and in other areas of activity.
- A variety of possibilities. You can play golf alone or with partners, while partners can be of different skill levels. Golf is a game that you can play all your life, regardless of age, gender, race, physical development and skill level.
- Communication with friends. Golf is a social game. As a rule, students begin to practice golf, following the example of their fellows or close people.
- Play in a safe environment. A golf course is a safe place where young people learn and communicate in the utmost safety.
- Emotion control. Successes and failures in the game are very akin to the ups and downs in real life. Playing three, nine or 18 holes, a young person learns to assess difficulties and to navigate in the current circumstances. The result of such an analysis can be good, so-so and bad hits.
- Responsibility. Although there is no guarantee that a good result will be shown or even competitions will be won, nevertheless, leaving the last green, the student will be able to say that to achieve the success of doing their best. During a round, young people learn personal responsibility for preparing and completing a task. The ball does not always land where you would like, but your partners cannot be blamed for this.
- Great pastime outside the walls of the usual environment. Students should play this sport because it is a great opportunity to spend several hours outdoors. Playing golf, students can get acquainted with a variety of flora and fauna surrounding them.
- Establishing lasting friendships. You never know who you will meet on the golf course. Communication with partners during the round helps young people develop interpersonal skills.
Life skills you should learn young
Search for your own philosophy
Our internal compass tells us if everything is going according to plan, or if something went wrong. But it’s not enough to feel it - you need to soberly assess the situation in accordance with your own system of values. To define this value system, ask yourself: “What do I value in _______ (work, relationships, friendship, life, and so on)?” The listed set will be the core of your value system. Then ask yourself: “What good and what bad do I see in this world?” As soon as you focus on the good, “Oh, Monday again,” will miraculously turn into “Oh yes, Monday! Let's start!” Feel the difference?
Search for your life purpose
No, it doesn’t mean that we all came to this earth with some great purpose. But it is obvious that life gives us the opportunity to find out what we are strong in and what we like to do. Your calling is your talents (what are you especially good at?), your passion (what do you really like to do?) and match it with the opportunities around you. Take a look around and you will surely find what you are looking for.
Everyone wants to be healthy. The goal is not just to be healthy, but also to have enough energy, as well look and feel good.
The art of learning
This is one of the key skills on the list. All that we are and all that we have achieved is all made possible by our ability to learn. People who have reached heights are just people who can quickly and efficiently learn new skills and apply them where it is needed.
By habits, we often mean something negative, so let’s call good habits personal rituals. When I think that I MUST go to the gym, it is difficult for me. But when I think that I am a healthy person, and going to the gym is an important part of the life of any healthy person, it becomes easier. Give it a try!
All these life skills can be easily reached while playing golf, so this type of sport is a perfect way to combine something pleasant with something useful, which gives you an opportunity to develop your personality and to achieve success in life.