The 2019 PNC Father-Son Challenge field is set with the passing of the typical Friday entry deadline. The field is set for this event, played at the Ritz Carlton Golf Club in Orlando, Fla.
The PNC Father-Son Challenge field is headlined by Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player and Tom Watson, all playing with a family member in the event.
Typically, the professionals play with their sons. However, in recent years, pros have played with grandchildren, kids who are practically their children, daughters and their fathers.
The defending champions, Davis Love III and Davis Love IV, are not competing this year.
This is a 20-team event, with the tournament played as a 36-hole scramble of partners. The event is played Saturday and Sunday.
We do not have Monday qualifiers for this event. This is an invitation-only event and is considered part of the PGA Tour Champions Challenge season.
The field will be playing for a $1.085 million purse.
Historically, this tournament has a good field of legends, including Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player and Tom Watson.
2019 PNC Father-Son Challenge field
- Darren Clarke/Tyrone Clarke (son)
- John Daly/Little John Daly (son)
- David Duval/Brady Duval (son)
- Jim Furyk/Mike Furyk (father)
- Retief Goosen/Leo Goosen (son)
- Padraig Harrington/Paddy Harrington (son)
- Hale Irwin/Steve Irwin (son)
- Lee Janzen/Connor Janzen (son)
- Tom Kite/David Kite (son)
- Bernhard Langer/Jason Donald Langer (son)
- Tom Lehman/Thomas A. Lehman (son)
- Jack Nicklaus/GT Nicklaus (grandson)
- Mark O’Meara/Shaun O’Meara (son)
- Jerry Pate/Jenni Pate (daughter)
- Gary Player/James Throssell (grandson)
- Nick Price/Greg Price (son)
- Vijay Singh/Qass Singh (son)
- Annika Sorenstam/Tom Sorenstam (father)
- Lee Trevino/Daniel Trevino (son)
- Tom Watson/Michael Watson (son)
Top 50 players in 2019 PNC Father-Son Challenge field
By tournament rules, all players competing in the PNC Father-Son Challenge must a former major winner or a winner of The Players Championship. However, none of the players are ranked in the top 50 in the world.