The USGA has released the list of sectional qualifying sites and dates for the 2019 US Open, as well announced the number of spots in the US Open field available at each site.
A total of 12 sectional qualifiers will be conducted from May 20, 27 and June 3, with one international qualifier held on the 27th (Japan) and 3rd (England). These are 36-hole events, with the top finishers moving on to the 2019 US Open. The 2019 US Open dates are June 13-16 at Pebble Beach Golf Links.
All told, 72 players will earn spots through sectional qualifying.
Orville Moody was the last player to win the US Open after advancing through local qualifying, winning the US Open in 1969.
2019 US Open sectional qualifying sites
- Bent Tree Country Club and Northwood Club, Dallas, Texas - 102 players for 10 spots
- Kuwana Country Club, Mie Prefecture, Japan - 33 players for 3 spots (18 WDs)
- Walton Heath Golf Club, Surrey, England - 110 players for 14 spots
- RattleSnake Point Golf Club, Milton, Ontario, Canada - 37 players for 4 spots
- Big Canyon Country Club & Newport Beach Country Club, Newport Beach, Calif. - 99 players for 5 spots
- Streamsong Resort (Black Course), Streamsong, Fla. - 56 players for 3 spots
- Hawks Ridge Golf Club, Ball Ground, Ga. - 67 players for 4 spots
- Woodmont Country Club (North Course), Rockville, Md. - 63 players for 4 spots
- Century Country Club and Old Oaks Country Club, Purchase, N.Y. - 73 players for 4 spots
- Brookside Golf & Country Club & Lakes Golf & Country Club, Columbus, Ohio - 121 players for 14 spots
- Springfield Country Club, Springfield, Ohio - 73 players for 5 spots
- Wine Valley Golf Club, Walla Walla, Wash. - 55 players for 3 spots
US Open qualifying requirements
Qualifiers are open to any professionals or players with a USGA handicap index of 1.4 or lower, and they must enter by the April 26 deadline.