Looking for 2019 Valero Texas Open picks, either for betting or fantasy golf games like DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, Golf Channel or the PGA Tour?
We have your 2019 Valero Texas Open rankings and expert picks, as we do each week of the PGA Tour season.
We are in the final stretch before the Masters, with the Valero Texas Open now slotted into the old Houston Open spot the week prior to the year's first men's major. TPC San Antonio isn't quite the same as Golf Club of Houston in malleability to look like Augusta National, but we do have some clear horses for this Greg Norman-designed course.
For those new to our weekly picks, we offer our top 10 players for free.
Want more? You have two options:
- GNN Plus members get access to our in-depth weekly DraftKings picks, searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present and top-15 PGA Tour trends. Join for as little as $8/year or get 6 MONTHS FREE by taking our survey!
- For $75 per year or $225 for lifetime access, GNN+Forebucks members get even MORE, including our course fit modeling, Quality Stokes Gained data, course demand insights, grass-specific performance and further tools, as well individual access to fantasy expert Ryan Ballengee for your unique questions.
2019 Valero Texas Open rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Matt Kuchar -- Kuchar almost got it done in the Match Play final, and he likes this golf course plenty.
2. Billy Horschel -- Horschel is a cut-making machine going back to the 2018 RBC Canadian Open. Good history here, and he's a good wind choice.
3. Rickie Fowler -- Trying to get ready with a pre-Masters start. Not sure it's a great fit, but he's still a top player in the field.
4. Sungjae Im -- Could easily slot him as his as No. 2. Probably should've gotten it done in the D.R. last weekend, but he's on the path to a win soon.
5. Jason Kokrak -- Good runs here, yes, but Kokrak has been in the top 10 of three of his last four PGA Tour starts. Plenty to like.
6. Lucas Glover -- Glover's on quite a heater this season, and while he has sprinkled in a few MCs of late, he's been a superior player.
7. Tony Finau -- Not playing up to last year's standard, but Finau has largely been solid this year. Good for this field.
8. Lucas Bjerregaard -- Lucas was awfully impressive in taking down Tiger Woods, and then he took a couple of Ls on Sunday at the Match Play. Making a name for himself.
9. Justin Harding -- He's in the top 50 in the world, so he's pretty hard to ignore. Respectable showing in the Match Play, though I wonder if he's a WD threat now that he's in the Masters.
10. Charley Hoffman -- I have to mention him because of his track record here, but he's missed six of his last nine cuts. Not a good trend line.
My primary DraftKings lineup
- Jason Kokrak - $9,400
- Lucas Glover - $9,300
- Aaron Baddeley - $8,300
- Denny McCarthy - $8,100
- Justin Harding - $7,700
- Mackenzie Hughes - $7,100
For more DraftKings analysis, sign up for GNN Plus and check out our 2019 Valero Texas Open DraftKings advice!