With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2017 Safeway Open, continue to the 2018 RBC Heritage this week and will work through the Tour Championship in Atlanta in September 2018, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
First, before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
What a Masters! The tournament always delivers. Not a ton of people had Patrick Reed on their radar given his poor past at Augusta National, but Captain America stepped up and delivered a first major championship. While everyone else is trying to figure out what to make of him winning, let's move to Harbour Town for the RBC Heritage. Hilton Head Island is one of the best stops on the PGA Tour, and this Pete Dye-Jack Nicklaus design is very different from Augusta.
2018 RBC Heritage One and Done picks
- Brian Harman: Struggled at the Masters, but that was somewhat to be expected given his strokes gained with long second shots. Like him here.
- Charley Hoffman: The Hoff had an ace at Augusta, and he's been an ace here.
- Jason Kokrak: Krak has a nice record here, though it doesn't necessarily seem like it would fit for his game. Playing well of late.
- Luke Donald: We can't talk Harbour Town and not mention Luke Donald. He's practically a ringer here.
- Matt Kuchar: Same for Kuch. He fell down on Sunday at the Masters, but he'll still be smiling this week.
My pick this week will be Matt Kuchar. Normally I would pick Donald, but he's only made three cuts this season.
2017-2018 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- Safeway Open: Webb Simpson (T-17)
- CIMB Classic: Xander Schauffele (T-3)
- CJ Cup at Nine Bridges: Tony Finau (T-26)
- WGC-HSBC Champions: Henrik Stenson (T-2)
- Sanderson Farms Championship: Chesson Hadley (2nd)
- Shriners Hospitals for Children Open: Ryan Moore (T-51)
- OHL Classic at Mayakoba: Pat Perez (T-33)
- The RSM Classic: Charles Howell III (MC)
- Sentry Tournament of Champions: Brian Harman (3rd)
- Sony Open in Hawaii: Gary Woodland (T-7)
- CareerBuilder Challenge: Jason Dufner (T-36)
- Farmers Insurance Open: Rickie Fowler (MC)
- Waste Management Phoenix Open: Hideki Matsuyama (WD)
- AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am: Brandt Snedeker (T-20)
- Genesis Open: Paul Casey (T-49)
- The Honda Classic: Kiradech Aphibarnrat (T-68)
- WGC-Mexico Championship: Tommy Fleetwood (T-14)
- Valspar Championship: Sergio Garcia (4th)
- Arnold Palmer Invitational: Justin Rose (3rd)
- WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play: Patrick Reed (T-9)
- Corales Punta Cana Resort and Club Championship: Emiliano Grillo (T-50)
- Houston Open: Russell Henley (T-8)
- Masters: Justin Thomas (T-17)
- RBC Heritage: Matt Kuchar