With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2017 Safeway Open, continue to the 2017 OHL Classic at Mayakoba this week and will work through the Tour Championship in Atlanta in September 2018, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
First, before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
We have just two PGA Tour events remaining in 2017, and the first is this week at El Camaleon in Mexico for the OHL Classic at Mayakoba. Riviera Maya is a great region for partiers, golfers and honeymooners alike, and this is a tournament with a history of moderate-length winners with a good week of putting. So that's who we'll look for this week.
2017 OHL Classic at Mayakoba One and Done picks
- Rickie Fowler: If, for some reason, you'd want to blow up Rickie Fowler here, OK, go for it.
- Patrick Reed: Reed has been strong in three of his last five starts, but his WGC-HSBC Champions result wasn't very good (T-50).
- Charles Howell III: He performs very well in this event historically.
- Pat Perez: The defending champion this week already has a win on the 2017-18 campaign.
- Russell Knox: You may be taking a bit of a gamble here, but P2 and 3rd the last two years is very nice.
My pick this week will be Pat Perez, continuing my strike-while-he's-hot routine.
2017-2018 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- Safeway Open: Webb Simpson (T-17)
- CIMB Classic: Xander Schauffele (T-3)
- CJ Cup at Nine Bridges: Tony Finau (T-26)
- WGC-HSBC Champions: Henrik Stenson (T-2)
- Sanderson Farms Championship: Chesson Hadley (2nd)
- Shriners Hospitals for Children Open: Ryan Moore (T-51)
- OHL Classic at Mayakoba: Pat Perez