With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2017 Safeway Open, continue to the 2017 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open this week and will work through the Tour Championship in Atlanta in September 2018, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
First, before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
After three weeks of events without a cut (though Sanderson Farms had a cut), we're back for the final run of the PGA Tour in the United States in 2017. We kick off in Las Vegas this week with the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open at TPC Summerlin in Las Vegas. This will be an emotional week for the Vegas natives in the field, including Charley Hoffman, who is donating all of his winnings this week to victims of the October Mandalay Bay shooting.
2017 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open One and Done picks
- Charley Hoffman: Hoffman is playing the golf of his life, so it's hard not to like him already. Then add in the Vegas connection, and this could be an amazing week.
- Kevin Na: Na would be another hometown pick, though he's been mediocre in three events he's played so far in this new season.
- Webb Simpson: One of the higher-ranked players in the field, Simpson has handled himself well dating back to August.
- Ryan Moore: Sensing a theme? He plays this event really well, and Vegas is home.
- Nick Taylor: I think this could be a good sleeper pick. He's playing well of late and has three top-25 finishes to start the season.
My pick this week will be Ryan Moore, as I'm unlikely to pop him elsewhere as a great horse-for-course pick.
2017-2018 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- Safeway Open: Webb Simpson (T-17)
- CIMB Classic: Xander Schauffele (T-3)
- CJ Cup at Nine Bridges: Tony Finau (T-26)
- WGC-HSBC Champions: Henrik Stenson (T-2)
- Sanderson Farms Championship: Chesson Hadley (2nd)
- Shriners Hospitals for Children Open: Ryan Moore