TaylorMade Golf is expanding its offering of red putters, adding to their TP Collection to include a six-putter TP Red series to capitalize on the success of Jason Day, Sergio Garcia and Jon Rahm with the fire-truck flatsticks in their arsenal.
The TP Red collection is filled with mallets (red doesn't make as much sense in a blade, to be honest) -- really, five variants of the popular Ardmore head and a version of the Chaska head. The Ardmore 2 and 3 are similar in shape to Odyssey's No. 7/Fang, though they have a more rounded look on the teeth, so to speak, and a couple of different alignment options.
All of the 355-gram, 304 stainless steel heads have Pure Roll aluminum inserts, geared to get the ball moving forward with top spin sooner compared to skidding on the greens by using 45-degree cut grooves to impart that spin on the ball at impact.
Weight kits are available for separate purchase.
- Ardmore: A face-balanced mallet designed with dual sightlines
- Ardmore CTR: A center-shafted, face-balanced mallet
- Ardmore 2 (“L” Neck): A progressive mallet designed with single top, double cavity sightlines and 27 degrees of toe hang
- Ardmore 2 (double bend): A progressive, face-balanced mallet with single top, double cavity sightlines (no toe hang)
- Ardmore 3: A progressive mid-size mallet incorporating 40 degrees of toe hang
- Chaska: A larger, face-balanced, semi-rounded mallet with a three top sightlines
After some experimentation during the FedEx Cup playoffs, both Garcia and Justin Rose appear to have locked in on TP Red heading into the fall and 2018.
The TaylorMade Golf TP Red putters will be available Sept. 29 for $219 each with a stock Super Stroke Pistol GTR 1.0 grip.