Looking for 2017 PGA Championship picks, either for betting or fantasy golf games like DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, Golf Channel or the PGA Tour?
We have your 2017 PGA Championship rankings and expert picks, as we do each week of the PGA Tour season. However, this week, marking the third major of the year, is one of the most special weeks of the year -- not only in terms of prestige but also in terms of money up for grabs in fantasy contests!
The PGA Championship is upon us, with the season's final major at a new, yet familiar, venue in Quail Hollow in Charlotte. The club engaged in a year-out renovation that substantially changed the first five holes of the course. However, the Green Mile closing stretch remains intact.
Can Jordan win the career Grand Slam? Can Rory get a fifth? Can Rickie get a first? Will someone else win? Let's go!
For those new to our weekly picks, we offer our top 10 players for free. For the PGA Championship, GNN Plus members get additional analysis and research otherwise hidden to the general public (including an additional 10 players), and that's in addition to access to a searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, top-15 PGA Tour trends and season-long DraftKings salary trends.
2017 PGA Championship rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Jordan Spieth -- We almost have to pick Spieth at No. 1, even though he's not a Quail Hollow regular. He's playing the best golf on the planet at the moment, and his swagger is back. He gets the ball in the hole better than anyone.
2. Brooks Koepka -- How can you not consider Brooks among the best players in the field now? He's played the last five majors combined the best of anyone, and the layoff post-US Open win meant nothing to stymie is Komentum.
3. Rory McIlroy -- Most everyone has circled this one for Rory all year. He's won here twice, shot 62 here, all that good stuff. Will a new caddie mean anything? Will the changes?
4. Rickie Fowler -- The Rickster has to be the second guy you think of liking at Quail Hollow. Broke through here for a first PGA Tour win, beating Rory (and D.A. Points) in a playoff. Getting closer in majors all the time.
5. Dustin Johnson -- DJ is getting where he needs to be. He's not there yet, compared to pre-Masters, but we've seen glimpses. The concern is the discomfort with a draw these days could be an issue.
6. Jon Rahm -- Rahm is still feeling his way through the majors, yes. However, he's comfortable in regular events. The PGA Championship is as close as it gets to the feel of a regular PGA Tour event.
7. Hideki Matsuyama -- In the majors this year: T-11, T-2, T-14. Good enough for me.
8. Matt Kuchar -- Kooch is going to get a major, I can feel it. It's probably not this week, but he's been playing really well for several months now.
9. Sergio Garcia -- If nothing else, Garcia is going to get you four rounds. He hasn't missed a PGA Tour paycheck this year. Just married, happy to be out there.
10. Tommy Fleetwood -- I'm sticking with Tommy for another major, though not quite the same love. He turned an awful opening 76 at Birkdale into a decent finish, which showed some guts.
My DraftKings lineup for this week:
We'll have several this week, but this is our A-lineup:
- Rickie Fowler - $10,700
- Brooks Koepka - $9,200
- Paul Casey - $7,800
- Charley Hoffman - $7,600
- Tony Finau - $7,000
- Ian Poulter - $7,000
New to DraftKings? Play with us this week and join the fun!
To access this research hidden below and MANY more fantasy golf tools, sign up for GNN Plus to gain access to the analysis! Your first two months' dues will be donated to one of two charities: Special Olympics or The First Tee!