The 2017 Barbasol Championship begins on Thursday (July 20) with the first round from the Grand National Course on the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail in Auburn, Ala. The first round begins right at 7:20 a.m. Central time, with players teeing off two tees in threesomes in the opposite-field event played against the British Open Championship.
A field headlined by Jim Furyk, Daniel Summerhays, Davis Love III and Smylie Kaufman is vying for the $635,000 first-place prize from the $3.5 million prize pool.
We’ve got all the info you need to know to get ready for the 2017 Barbasol Championship first round, including the leaderboard featured groups and tee times, TV times and how you can watch online, as well first-round pin placements.
Barbasol Championship leaderboard
The 2017 Barbasol Championship leaderboard is expected to feature lower scores as the host course is the easiest par-71 on the PGA Tour — at least it was last season. (PGATour.com has the live leaderboard.)
Tee times and featured groups
A full starting field tees off in threesomes on Thursday, with the 2017 Barbasol Championship Thursday tee times running from 7:20 a.m. Central time through the final group at 2:10 p.m.
Here are complete, full-field tee times throughout the day:
- 7:20 a.m. — Bill Lunde, Y.E. Yang, J.T. Poston
- 7:31 a.m. — Ben Crane, Chris Stroud, David Hearn
- 7:42 a.m. — Boo Weekley, Matt Bettencourt, Lee Janzen
- 7:53 a.m. — Ricky Barnes, Martin Flores, Derek Fathauer
- 8:04 a.m. — Brian Stuard, Smylie Kaufman, Alex Cejka
- 8:15 a.m. — Mark Wilson, Craig Barlow, Kyle Reifers
- 8:26 a.m. — Rory Sabbatini, Cameron Tringale, Shawn Stefani
- 8:37 a.m. — John Rollins, Robert Allenby, Dicky Pride
- 8:48 a.m. — Max Homa, Bobby Wyatt, Grant Leaver
- 8:59 a.m. — Brett Wetterich, Nicholas Lindheim, Hugo Leon
- 9:10 a.m. — Tyler Aldridge, Brian Campbell, Sam Burns
- 12:20 p.m. — Ted Purdy, Tag Ridings, Ryan Blaum
- 12:31 p.m. — Angel Cabrera, Tommy Gainey, Heath Slocum
- 12:42 p.m. — Stuart Appleby, Cameron Beckman, Brendon de Jonge
- 12:53 p.m. — Seung-yul Noh, Andres Romero, Daniel Summerhays
- 1:04 p.m. — Troy Merritt, Hunter Mahan, Retief Goosen
- 1:15 p.m. — Chesson Hadley, Ken Duke, Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano
- 1:26 p.m. — Michael Bradley, Jonathan Byrd, Patton Kizzire
- 1:37 p.m. — Robert Gamez, Richy Werenski, Mookie DeMoss
- 1:48 p.m. — Omar Uresti, Julian Etulain, Rich Berberian Jr.
- 1:59 p.m. — Willy Wilcox, Sam Saunders, Trace Crowe
- 2:10 p.m. — Mark Anderson, Jonathan Randolph, Wes Homan
- 7:20 a.m. — Mark Hensby, Spencer Levin, Andres Gonzales
- 7:31 a.m. — John Merrick, Chris Smith, Ryo Ishikawa
- 7:42 a.m. — Jason Bohn, Frank Lickliter II, Cameron Percy
- 7:53 a.m. — Matt Jones, Trey Mullinax, Grayson Murray
- 8:04 a.m. — Davis Love III, Jim Furyk, K.J. Choi
- 8:15 a.m. — Peter Malnati, Matt Every, Chad Campbell
- 8:26 a.m. — Carl Pettersson, D.J. Trahan, Dominic Bozzelli
- 8:37 a.m. — Brendon Todd, Shane Bertsch, Blayne Barber
- 8:48 a.m. — Ryan Brehm, Chip Deason, Derek Rende
- 8:59 a.m. — Rick Lamb, Dru Love, Robby Shelton
- 9:10 a.m. — Hiroshi Iwata, Seamus Power, Brad Sill
- 12:20 p.m. — Scott Stallings, George McNeill, Tyrone Van Aswegen
- 12:31 p.m. — Shaun Micheel, Duffy Waldorf, Charlie Wi
- 12:42 p.m. — Marc Turnesa, Chad Collins, Andrews Loupe
- 12:53 p.m. — Arjun Atwal, Troy Matteson, Zac Blair
- 1:04 p.m. — Steven Bowditch, Ben Martin, Brian Gay
- 1:15 p.m. — Tim Herron, Steve Wheatcroft, Brandon Hagy
- 1:26 p.m. — Robert Garrigus, Len Mattiace, Mark Hubbard
- 1:37 p.m. — Miguel Angel Carballo, Brett Drewitt, Matt Gilchrest
- 1:48 p.m. — Kent Jones, Brad Fritsch, Mike Genovese
- 1:59 p.m. — Ryan Armour, Tom Hoge, Will Cannon
- 2:10 p.m. — Steven Alker, Joel Dahmen, S.M. Lee
The PGA Tour releases the first-round pin sheet with the pin placements (or as they say officially, hole locations) just before play gets going in the morning.
— PGA TOUR Media (@PGATOURmedia) July 20, 2017
TV times and how to watch online
The Barbasol Championship airs on TV on Thursday on Golf Channel, with coverage going from 5-8 p.m. Eastern.
On the Golf Channel app and on golfchannel.com, streaming coverage beings at 5 p.m. Eastern.