With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform starting in 2017, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2017 SBS Tournament of Champions in Hawaii, continue to the 2017 Barbasol Championship this week and will work through the Tour Championship in Atlanta in September, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
First, before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
While The Open Championship is unfolding in England, the PGA Tour holds an opposite-field event in Auburn, Ala., on the RTJ Golf Trail. The Barbasol has been a drama-filled event in its short life, but it is also difficult to predict winners because the best players are at Royal Birkdale.
2017 Barbasol Championship One and Done picks
- Chesson Hadley: Chessie is riding hot of late and had a great finish back on the PGA Tour at the John Deere Classic. He could get to the Tour for a potential playoff run with a Barbasol win.
- Jim Furyk: For the first time since 1995, Jim Furyk is not eligible for the Open. He's in the field here. After six consecutive missed cuts (yikes!), Furyk has a pair of top-26 finishes.
- Chad Campbell: Campbell has played well of late, with top-10 finishes in Memphis and Greenbrier.
- Daniel Summerhays: If you're looking for class players, Summerhays is one of the top ones in the field.
My pick this week will be Chesson Hadley. He's the hottest hand in the field.
2017 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- SBS Tournament of Champions: Jason Dufner (21st)
- Sony Open in Hawaii: Jimmy Walker (MC)
- CareerBuilder Challenge: Bill Haas (T-17)
- Farmers Insurance Open: Brandt Snedeker (T-9)
- Waste Management Phoenix Open: Hideki Matsuyama (WIN)
- AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am: Justin Rose (T-39)
- Genesis Open: Sergio Garcia (T-49)
- The Honda Classic: Rickie Fowler (WIN)
- WGC-Mexico Championship: Rafa Cabrera Bello (T-38)
- Valspar Championship: Charles Howell III (T-49)
- Arnold Palmer Invitational: Henrik Stenson (MC)
- Puerto Rico Open: Peter Uihlein (T-5)
- WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play: Tyrrell Hatton (T-17)
- Shell Houston Open: J.B. Holmes (MC)
- Masters Tournament: Jordan Spieth (T-11)
- RBC Heritage: Matt Kuchar (T-11)
- Valero Texas Open: Brendan Steele (T-62)
- Zurich Classic of New Orleans: Ryan Palmer (with Jordan Spieth) (4th)
- Wells Fargo Championship: Francesco Molinari (T-24)
- The Players Championship: Kevin Chappell (T-35)
- AT&T Byron Nelson: Brooks Koepka (T-50)
- Dean & DeLuca Invitational at Colonial: Bud Cauley (T-41)
- the Memorial Tournament: Tony Finau (T-40)
- FedEx St. Jude Classic: Phil Mickelson (9th)
- U.S. Open: Dustin Johnson (MC)
- Travelers Championship: Marc Leishman (T-17)
- Quicken Loans National: Kyle Stanley (WIN)
- The Greenbrier Classic: Webb Simpson (T-14)
- John Deere Classic: Brian Harman
- British Open Championship: CLICK HERE
- Barbasol Championship: Chesson Hadley