Looking for 2017 John Deere Classic picks, either for betting or fantasy golf games like DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, Golf Channel or the PGA Tour?
We have your 2017 John Deere Classic rankings and expert picks, as we do each week of the PGA Tour season.
The John Deere Classic is here, and it is the last week before the British Open Championship, the third major of the year. The Deere -- considered the sixth major by some -- is back in its normal place after being set up to go along with the Olympic golf tournament in 2016. Not a great field, as you'd expect, but almost 10 top-50 players in the field.
For those new to our weekly picks, we offer our top 10 players for free. GNN Plus members get additional analysis and research otherwise hidden to the general public, and that's in addition to access to a searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, top-15 PGA Tour trends and season-long DraftKings salary trends.
2017 John Deere Classic rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Brian Harman - Harman picked up his first PGA Tour win here, and he's continued playing well even after that Wells Fargo win. Should feel good after his Open effort.
2. Danny Lee - Lee has three top-10 finishes in his last six starts, and he's made the cut in all of them.
3. Kevin Kisner - Worth noting that Kisner wasn't great in his last two starts, missing the cut in both. However, he does have a good finish here, and he's superior compared to the field.
4. Steve Stricker - Stricker is still the king of this event. He turned down a PGA Tour Champions major (with a free payday) to take on this field.
5. Ryan Moore - Ryan Moore hasn't played since the Memorial, coming back this week from a shoulder injury. A little bit of a gamble to game him, but his Deere record is very good.
6. Kyle Stanley - Stanley just won a couple of weeks ago in the D.C. area, and he had been trending in that direction. Have to love his ballstriking ability.
7. Zach Johnson - ZJ has faced a miserable season by his own standards. However, he's pure in this event and had made five cuts in a row before a surprising MC at Travelers.
8. Jamie Lovemark - Lovemark has missed just one PGA Tour cut since February (in March). Three top-20 finishes in his last six starts demonstrates good form.
9. Daniel Summerhays - Summerhays is a horse-for-course play, as he's been inconsistent this season. It's surprising he likes here given he plays his best golf on tough courses.
10. Bryson DeChambeau - Alright, I'm putting some faith in the Artist. He's been improving in each of his last three starts, all top-26 finishes. Maybe it's coming together?
My DraftKings lineup for this week:
- Steve Stricker - $9,800
- Jamie Lovemark - $9,300
- Bryson DeChambeau - $7,800
- Chesson Hadley - $7,600
- Nick Taylor - $7,600
- Ryan Blaum - $7,300
To access this research hidden below and MANY more fantasy golf tools, sign up for GNN Plus to gain access to the analysis! Your first two months' dues will be donated to one of two charities: Special Olympics or The First Tee!