The 2017 US Open marches on Friday (June 16) with the second round from Erin Hills Golf Course in Hartford, Wis., marking the first time the state has hosted the USGA's most prestigious championship. The second round begins right at 6:45 a.m. Central time, with players teeing off on a record-length 7,741-yard, par-72 course, which actually played 7,845 yards on Thursday.
Rickie Fowler is atop the leaderboard, having shot a record-tying 7-under 65 on Thursday to lead a field of 156 players vying for the $2,160,000 first-place prize from the $12 million prize pool.
We've got all the info you need to know to get ready for the 2017 US Open second round, including the leaderboard featured groups and tee times, TV times and how you can watch online, as well first-round pin placements.
US Open leaderboard
Rickie Fowler is atop the 2017 US Open leaderboard after Round 1 at 7-under 65. Paul Casey and Xander Schauffele are tied for second, in with 66. To be in the top 10 after Thursday, a player had to shoot 68 or better.
Tee times and featured groups
With a full field teeing off the first and 10th holes at Erin Hills, 2017 US Open Friday tee times run from 6:45 a.m. Central time through 8:57 a.m. in the morning wave, then running 12:30-2:42 p.m. in the afternoon wave. The tee times are set with groupings of three, with some marquee groups in both sessions in featured groups.
From the first tee:
- 8:02 a.m. -- Adam Hadwin, Emiliano Grillo, Cheng-Tsung Pan
- 8:13 a.m. -- Scott Piercy, Shane Lowry, Jim Furyk
- 8:46 a.m. -- Xander Schauffele, Trey Mullinax, Cameron Champ (a)
- 2:09 p.m. -- Matt Kuchar, Francesco Molinari, Patrick Reed
- 2:20 p.m. -- Martin Kaymer, Jordan Spieth, Dustin Johnson
From the 10th tee:
- 8:13 a.m. -- Jimmy Walker, Justin Thomas, Paul Casey
- 8:24 a.m. -- Jason Day, Justin Rose, Rory McIlroy
- 8:35 a.m. -- Steve Stricker, Stewart Cink, Phil Mickelson
- 1:36 p.m. -- Rafa Cabrera Bello, Thomas Pieters, Brooks Koepka
The USGA releases the first-round pin sheet with the pin placements (or as they say officially, hole locations) just before play gets going in the morning. Get our full analysis of the 2017 US Open second round pin placements.
TV times and how to watch online
The US Open airs on TV on Fox and Fox Sports 1, with coverage going from 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. Eastern on Fox Sports 1 before airing on Fox from 6-9 p.m. Eastern in primetime.
On the Fox Sports Go app and on usopen.com, three streaming channels begin at 8:30 a.m. Eastern, with the Featured Groups 1, Featured Groups 2 and Features Holes channels running from 8:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.