The 2017 US Open begins on Thursday (June 15) with the first round from Erin Hills Golf Course in Hartford, Wis., marking the first time the state has hosted the USGA’s most prestigious championship. The year’s second men’s major begins right at 6:45 a.m. Central time, with players teeing off on a record-length 7,741-yard, par-72 course.
Dustin Johnson defends the title he won by three strokes last year at Oakmont Country Club, leading a field of 156 players vying for the $2,160,000 first-place prize from the $12 million prize pool.
We’ve got all the info you need to know to get ready for the 2017 US Open first round, including featured groups and tee times, TV times and how you can watch online, as well first-round pin placements.
Tee times and featured groups
With a full field teeing off the first and 10th holes at Erin Hills, 2017 US Open Thursday tee times run from 6:45 a.m. Central time through 8:57 a.m. in the morning wave, then running 12:30-2:42 p.m. in the afternoon wave. The tee times are set with groupings of three, with some marquee groups in both sessions in featured groups.
From the first tee:
- 7:40 a.m. — Brandt Snedeker, Alex Noren, Tyrrell Hatton
- 7:51 a.m. — Rafa Cabrera Bello, Thomas Pieters, Brooks Koepka
- 1:36 p.m. — Bubba Watson, Adam Scott, Sergio Garcia
- 1:47 p.m. — Henrik Stenson, Charl Schwartzel, Louis Oosthuizen
- 1:58 p.m. — Jimmy Walker, Justin Thomas, Paul Casey
- 2:09 p.m. — Jason Day, Justin Rose, Rory McIlroy
- 2:20 p.m. — Steve Stricker, Stewart Cink, Phil Mickelson
From the 10th tee:
- 7:51 a.m. — Hideki Matsuyama, Rickie Fowler, Jon Rahm
- 8:02 a.m. — Lee Westwood, Ross Fisher, Graeme McDowell
- 8:13 a.m. — Danny Willett, Zach Johnson, Angel Cabrera
- 8:24 a.m. — Matt Kuchar, Francesco Molinari, Patrick Reed
- 8:35 a.m. — Martin Kaymer, Jordan Spieth, Dustin Johnson
The USGA releases the first-round pin sheet with the pin placements (or as they say officially, hole locations) just before play gets going in the morning. With the pin sheet below, see our full analysis of 2017 US Open first round pin placements.
TV times and how to watch online
The US Open airs on TV on Fox and Fox Sports 1, with coverage going from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. Eastern on Fox Sports 1 before airing on Fox from 6-9 p.m. Eastern in primetime.
On the Fox Sports Go app and on usopen.com, three streaming channels begin at 8:30 a.m. Eastern, with the Featured Groups 1, Featured Groups 2 and Features Holes channels running from 8:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.