With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform starting in 2017, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2017 SBS Tournament of Champions in Hawaii, continue to the 2017 Dean & DeLuca Invitational at Colonial this week and will work through the Tour Championship in Atlanta in September, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
First, before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
This week, we're at Colonial. It's such a good golf course, but it's tight. You gotta keep it in play, but there are a number of longer holes that make the golf course uncomfortable in spots. You don't have to bomb it to win here, but you should be able to strike the ball well from tee to green.
2017 Dean & DeLuca Invitational at Colonial One and Done picks
- Kevin Kisner: We might be catching Kisner on the back end of a good run, but he's been a contender here each of the last two years. Worth a look.
- Jordan Spieth: Spieth has missed two cuts in a row, and you've probably used him. But, throwing him out there.
- Chris Kirk: Kirk seems to have come out of a funk after three missed cuts in a row. T-12 at The Players and a good Colonial record.
- Jason Dufner: Dufner has a good record at Colonial, and he's continuing to play well but struggling to finish off tournaments.
- Bud Cauley: The man is playing brilliant golf. Maybe this is where his ride ends, but he's a good young option.
My pick this week will be Bud Cauley
2017 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- SBS Tournament of Champions: Jason Dufner (21st)
- Sony Open in Hawaii: Jimmy Walker (MC)
- CareerBuilder Challenge: Bill Haas (T-17)
- Farmers Insurance Open: Brandt Snedeker (T-9)
- Waste Management Phoenix Open: Hideki Matsuyama (WIN)
- AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am: Justin Rose (T-39)
- Genesis Open: Sergio Garcia (T-49)
- The Honda Classic: Rickie Fowler (WIN)
- WGC-Mexico Championship: Rafa Cabrera Bello (T-38)
- Valspar Championship: Charles Howell III (T-49)
- Arnold Palmer Invitational: Henrik Stenson (MC)
- Puerto Rico Open: Peter Uihlein (T-5)
- WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play: Tyrrell Hatton (T-17)
- Shell Houston Open: J.B. Holmes (MC)
- Masters Tournament: Jordan Spieth (T-11)
- RBC Heritage: Matt Kuchar (T-11)
- Valero Texas Open: Brendan Steele (T-62)
- Zurich Classic of New Orleans: Ryan Palmer (with Jordan Spieth) (4th)
- Wells Fargo Championship: Francesco Molinari (T-24)
- The Players Championship: Kevin Chappell (T-35)
- AT&T Byron Nelson: Brooks Koepka (T-50)
- Dean & DeLuca Invitational at Colonial: Bud Cauley