Looking for 2017 Wells Fargo Championship picks, either for betting or fantasy golf games like DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, Golf Channel or the PGA Tour?
We have your 2017 Wells Fargo Championship rankings and expert picks, as we do each week of the PGA Tour season.
The Wells Fargo Championship is here, but it's on an unfamiliar course. The tournament moves for one year from Charlotte to Wilmington, from Quail Hollow, which hosts the PGA Championship this year, to the Tom Fazio-designed Eagle Point Golf Club. Fazio thrice has had a hand in redesigning Quail Hollow, so he's somewhat of a proxy for this week, too.
We're guessing some this week, admittedly, and we're going to favor the best players.
For those new to our weekly picks, we offer our top 10 players for free. GNN Plus members get additional analysis and research otherwise hidden to the general public, and that's in addition to access to a searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, top-15 PGA Tour trends and season-long DraftKings salary trends.
2017 Wells Fargo Championship rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Dustin Johnson - Johnson is coming back after Slipgate at the Masters, but the injury shouldn't have long-term lingering effects. He's winning anywhere and everywhere, so, barring major rust, this is a rightful position.
2. Jon Rahm - Rahm slid down the leaderboard on Sunday at the Masters, but that's OK. He's been playing great golf, and he got a good three weeks to rest for a big stretch.
3. Adam Scott - Scott finished T-9 at the Masters, and not a whole lot of people noticed. The Aussie is starting to wade his way nicely into the season.
4. Wesley Bryan - Bryan wasn't great at the Zurich Classic, but he did win in his last individual start. Worth a look this week, though I think he's super sneaky next week at The Players.
5. Kevin Kisner - Kisner was an assassin at the Zurich, and he basically carried Scott Brown to the playoff. Not as many have noticed as they should, but he's been great all year.
6. Paul Casey - Top-nine finishes in his last two starts, including good at the Masters. If we're using Fazio as a proxy, a good Masters finish is a nice sign.
7. Francesco Molinari - Molinari has been remarkably consistent this year, though I haven't had him threatening a win all year. Rock solid pick this week.
8. Phil Mickelson - Mickelson is kind of tuned in for Quail Hollow, and I think he plays this event because it fits his rhythm. However, he could be a big gamble this week, like he has been all year from round to round.
9. Bill Haas - Haas loves playing golf in North Carolina. Anywhere in North Carolina. So, I expect him to be good on an unknown course.
10. Brian Harman - Harman has been quietly playing some really good golf in the last month, with three top-14 finishes. Ride the hot-ish hand?
My DraftKings lineup for this week:
- Adam Scott - $10,000
- Webb Simpson - $9,700
- Kevin Kisner - $8,400
- J.T. Poston - $7,700
- Brian Harman - $6,700
- Alex Noren - $6,600
To access this research hidden below and MANY more fantasy golf tools, sign up for GNN Plus to gain access to the analysis! Your first two months' dues will be donated to one of two charities: Special Olympics or The First Tee!