With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform starting in 2017, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2017 SBS Tournament of Champions in Hawaii, continue to the 2017 RBC Heritage this week and will work through the Tour Championship in Atlanta in September, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
First, before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
We are back on the regular PGA Tour schedule this week, with the tour moving north to Hilton Head Island, S.C. for the RBC Heritage at Harbour Town Golf Links. This field is relatively weak, but a number of players with strong records here are in the field and good options for one-and-done.
2017 RBC Heritage One and Done picks
- Matt Kuchar: Kuch seems like the obvious pick here, to be honest. He ended up T-4 at the Masters, and he's a former Harbour Town winner. Don't think about the Houston MC; that didn't mean anything.
- Charley Hoffman: Hoff has three top-15 finishes in the last five years at Harbour Town, and he's been playing well since Feburary. Where else would you use him?
- Luke Donald: Donald has been in the top 15 five of the last six years at Harbour Town. He's stumbled a little after missing the cut at Innisbrook, but the guy's record here is too good to ignore.
- Marc Leishman: Leishman won the API, and he seems to play his best golf in April and May. He has a T-9 finish here in recent memory, and you're unlikely to use him other than at the Travelers Championship.
- Martin Kaymer: This would be a risky pick to some extent. Kaymer's not a PGA Tour member, so he hasn't played a lot on Tour in '17. But, in his five events, he hasn't missed the top 25.
My pick this week will be Matt Kuchar. Everything comes together to pick him this week.
2017 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- SBS Tournament of Champions: Jason Dufner (21st)
- Sony Open in Hawaii: Jimmy Walker (MC)
- CareerBuilder Challenge: Bill Haas (T-17)
- Farmers Insurance Open: Brandt Snedeker (T-9)
- Waste Management Phoenix Open: Hideki Matsuyama (WIN)
- AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am: Justin Rose (T-39)
- Genesis Open: Sergio Garcia (T-49)
- The Honda Classic: Rickie Fowler (WIN)
- WGC-Mexico Championship: Rafa Cabrera Bello (T-38)
- Valspar Championship: Charles Howell III (T-49)
- Arnold Palmer Invitational: Henrik Stenson (MC)
- Puerto Rico Open: Peter Uihlein (T-5)
- WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play: Tyrrell Hatton (T-17)
- Shell Houston Open: J.B. Holmes (MC)
- Masters Tournament: Jordan Spieth (T-11)
- RBC Heritage: Matt Kuchar