The 2017 Masters Friday pin sheet has been released for the second round during which a steady wind of 20-25 mph is expected throughout the day, with gusts of more than 35 mph. That weather will impact how Augusta National plays and how the 93-player field will approach the course. So, too, will the hole locations (pin placements) as selected by the Masters Tournament Committee.
2017 Masters Friday second round pin placements
Some things to note:
- The hole location on the par-5 2nd is inviting for a potential eagle for the bold shot, a change from Day 1
- Don't come up short of the target on the fifth today, or it's otherwise a likely three-putt
- The hole location on the 11th invites a lot of water balls a day after the right, safe play was going away from the hole and the green to the right
- We've got an eagle pin on the 13th, there's no doubt about that.
- At the 17th, our hole location today is the most difficult on the green in terms of reaching and staying there. Most players will have a tough uphill first putt.
Friday scoring is expected to be difficult, thanks to the wind, leaving the possibility of a number of rounds in the 80s.