With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform starting in 2017, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2017 SBS Tournament of Champions in Hawaii, continue to the 2017 Arnold Palmer Invitational this week and will work through the Tour Championship in Atlanta in September, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
First, before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
We remain in Florida this week for the Arnold Palmer Invitational, with what is sure to be an emotional week honoring the life and career of Arnold Palmer. Bay Hill is a track that doesn't fit every player's eye, but being able to work the ball is good here.
2017 Arnold Palmer Invitational One and Done picks
- Ryan Moore: Moore is coming around nicely, and this is a track that he likes. Coming off a T-18 at Valspar.
- Kevin Na: Na's not making a lot of money this year, at least compared to last year. However, he's making money pretty much every time out and he's done well at Bay Hill.
- Justin Rose: If you didn't seize on Rose's early-year form, he's a great pick here. Coming off a T-4 at Riviera and has a great record here.
- Henrik Stenson: Stenson is a top-15 stud here. You could use him in majors, certainly, but this might be a great spot for him.
My pick this week will be Henrik Stenson. I've pretty well penned in my major picks this year, and Stenson didn't quite make the cut.
2017 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- SBS Tournament of Champions: Jason Dufner (21st)
- Sony Open in Hawaii: Jimmy Walker (MC)
- CareerBuilder Challenge: Bill Haas (T-17)
- Farmers Insurance Open: Brandt Snedeker (T-9)
- Waste Management Phoenix Open: Hideki Matsuyama (WIN)
- AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am: Justin Rose (T-39)
- Genesis Open: Sergio Garcia (T-49)
- The Honda Classic: Rickie Fowler (WIN)
- WGC-Mexico Championship: Rafa Cabrera Bello (T-38)
- Valspar Championship: Charles Howell III (T-49)