Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf rankings. Each week of the European Tour season, we'll present our top fantasy golf picks for that week's tournament and give fantasy golf and betting tips for DraftKings' one-week fantasy leagues and other fantasy golf leagues.
The European Tour is back to South Africa this week for one of the largest fields in all of golf: the 190-plus-player Joburg Open. This event, like many in South Africa, is dominated by South African players, meaning that you should give them a lot of preference this week in your lineups.
For those new to our weekly European Tour picks, we offer our top five players for free. GNN Plus members get our full top 10, additional analysis and research otherwise hidden to the general public, and that's in addition to access to a searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, top-15 PGA Tour trends and season-long DraftKings salary trends.
2017 Joburg Open rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Richard Sterne - Sterne is a two-time winner here, and we haven't heard from him in a while since a runner-up at the Alfred Dunhill Championship.
2. Jordan L. Smith - Great start to the season, including some top-six finishes. Hasn't missed a cut, and this is where he could clean up.
3. Thomas Aiken - Aiken is off to a brilliant start, and he's got a very good record in this event. Two things could come together here.
4. George Coetzee - Coetzee is in a similar spot to Aiken, and he arguably has a better record in this championship. Highly priced, however.
5. Trevor Fisher Jr. - Fisher makes cut in general, which is good news, but he's got a particularly strong record here. (Catch the drift with South Africans?)
To access the rest of our top 10, additional analysis and MANY more fantasy golf tools, sign up for GNN Plus! Your first two months' dues will be donated to one of two charities: Special Olympics or The First Tee!