Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf rankings. Each week of the European Tour season, we'll present our top fantasy golf picks for that week's tournament and give fantasy golf and betting tips for DraftKings' one-week fantasy leagues and other fantasy golf leagues.
The European Tour heads to Asia after a three-week Middle East swing into Malaysia for the Maybank Championship. This is the second year for the tournament as it's now known, born from the Malaysian Open. Marcus Fraser is defending champion in a field headed by a few top-name players and a lot of guys who are solid European Tour stalwarts.
For those new to our weekly European Tour picks, we offer our top five players for free. GNN Plus members get our full top 10, additional analysis and research otherwise hidden to the general public, and that's in addition to access to a searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, top-15 PGA Tour trends and season-long DraftKings salary trends.
2017 Maybank Championship Malaysia rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Rafa Cabrera Bello - RCB is the man to beat in the field, with top-20 finishes in four starts this season.
2. Lee Westwood - Westwood is a former winner of the Malaysian Open, and his game has transferred well into Asian events over the course of his career.
3. Jeunghun Wang - Wang won in Qatar, and he's going to be a force to reckon with for a while.
4. Bernd Wiesberger - Wiesberger hasn't been spectacular at the start of the year, but he's hanging around the top 35 in events. He's due for a breakout.
5. Charl Schwartzel - Schwartzel was his usual killer self in the South African swing of the European Tour, so it's a little skewed in thinking of him this week. Still a class player.
To access the rest of our top 10, additional analysis and MANY more fantasy golf tools, sign up for GNN Plus! Your first two months' dues will be donated to one of two charities: Special Olympics or The First Tee!