Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf rankings. Each week of the European Tour season, we'll present our top fantasy golf picks for that week's tournament and give fantasy golf and betting tips for DraftKings' one-week fantasy leagues and other fantasy golf leagues.
The European Tour heads to the Middle East for the first of three events in the region, including two in the United Arab Emirates. The first is the Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship, which, in many ways, has overtaken the Dubai Desert Classic as the top event in the swing. Once again, this is another one of those weird weeks where you go from struggling to identify 10 players to like to easily knowing who you'd roster.
For those new to our weekly European Tour picks, we offer our top five players for free. GNN Plus members get our full top 10, additional analysis and research otherwise hidden to the general public, and that's in addition to access to a searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, top-15 PGA Tour trends and season-long DraftKings salary trends.
2017 Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Henrik Stenson - Stenson was in the mix here last year, his first top-15 finish in this event. He's typically great in the Emirates, and he's got the long game to destroy here.
2. Dustin Johnson - This is obviously a pick based on pedigree and world ranking. We don't have an earthly idea of how DJ will do here, but if you look at guys who have won, many of them are long hitters.
3. Thomas Pieters - I'd be somewhat shocked if Pieters doesn't have a breakout win of some kind in 2017, perhaps even a major. He ended the season mired in mediocrity, but he has a good record in Abu Dhabi.
4. Rafa Cabrera Bello - The Spaniard ended 2016 as a runner-up in Hong Kong, which leaves some good vibes.
5. Tyrrell Hatton - Hatton concluded the European Tour season with a runner-up in Dubai. He should've won. Two top-15s here.
To access the rest of our top 10, additional analysis and MANY more fantasy golf tools, sign up for GNN Plus! Your first two months' dues will be donated to one of two charities: Special Olympics or The First Tee!