Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf rankings. Each week of the European Tour season, we'll present our top fantasy golf picks for that week's tournament and give fantasy golf and betting tips for DraftKings' one-week fantasy leagues and other fantasy golf leagues.
The European Tour kicks off 2017, as usual, in South Africa with the Sunshine Tour co-sanctioning events. The BMW South African Open is a great start, one of the oldest national opens in the world. Rory McIlroy headlines the field with a strong national presence.
STORY CONTINUES BELOW
For those new to our weekly European Tour picks, we offer our top five players for free. GNN Plus members get our full top 10, additional analysis and research otherwise hidden to the general public, and that's in addition to access to a searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, top-15 PGA Tour trends and season-long DraftKings salary trends.
2017 BMW SA South African Open rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Rory McIlroy - It's hard to explain the gap between No. 1 and everyone else his week.
2. Andy Sullivan - After an erratic post Ryder Cup (either top three or struggle to top 40), Sullivan comes to a place he's won.
3. Brandon Stone - Another former winner here, and he won in his last start, in the Alfred Dunhill Championship here in South Africa.
4. Richard Bland - Bland had a great run to finish 2016, though he plays weaker against better competition. This isn't one of those weeks.
5. Hennie Otto - A past winner of this event, Otto has been in the top 15 here in each of the last two years, including a top three in 2014.
To access the rest of our top 10, additional analysis and MANY more fantasy golf tools, sign up for GNN Plus! Your first two months' dues will be donated to one of two charities: Special Olympics or The First Tee!