Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf rankings. Each week of the PGA Tour season, we'll present our top fantasy golf picks for that week's tournament and give fantasy golf and betting tips for DraftKings' one-week fantasy leagues, daily fantasy golf lineups, Yahoo fantasy golf, Golf Channel fantasy golf and PGA Tour fantasy golf leagues.
The PGA Tour stays in Hawaii for its second tournament of 2017, the Sony Open in Hawaii. It's a big chance of pace going from Kapalua in a limited field at a wide-open course to a classic, tree-lined putting contest at Waialae Country Club in Honolulu.
For those new to our weekly picks, we offer our top 10 players for free. GNN Plus members get additional analysis and research otherwise hidden to the general public, and that's in addition to access to a searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, top-15 PGA Tour trends and season-long DraftKings salary trends.
2017 Sony Open in Hawaii rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Hideki Matsuyama - Yes, Matsuyama's putter didn't show up when he needed it down the stretch against Justin Thomas. But Justin Thomas is the only guy who has beaten him in the last three months.
2. Jordan Spieth - Spieth had a very nice Sunday to back-door himself a top-three finish. He had a lot of wild numbers on a course where those are hard to pull off. He MC'd here last time in 2014.
3. Jimmy Walker - Walker is a past winner here and absolutely loves this golf course. He's a no-brainer.
4. Justin Thomas - Thomas has two wins on the season, and they've come in tournaments where you have to go low. However, they haven't been in places quite this tight. Hard to overlook, though.
5. Pat Perez - Perez is a putting machine, folks. He rolls 'em in, and when he doesn't, he avoids three-putts. Coming off a T-3 at Kapalua is another great sign.
6. Scott Piercy - Piercy had a great fall and he's got a good record here. He could very easily take it deep to win.
7. Charles Howell III - This is a CH3 special. He's bound to win here eventually. He's come close so many times. He had a great fall, too. Momentum is on his side.
8. Chris Kirk - Kirk was brilliant in the fall portion of the schedule, and he seems to just love classic, (relatively) tree-lined courses like Waialae.
9. Harris English - English is riding on a new deal with Ping, switching over from Callaway. But the guy loves this tournament, and he had a nice conclusion to the PGA Tour season in 2015-16.
10. Jerry Kelly - Honestly, Kelly should probably be higher. The only drag is that he's a 50-plus guy, which is a hard type of player to recommend. But he's got four top-15s here in the last five years.
My DraftKings lineup for this week:
- Jimmy Walker - $9,900
- Scott Piercy - $8,900
- Pat Perez - $8,000
- Charles Howell III - $7,800
- Chris Kirk - $7,700
- Harris English - $7,500
To access this research hidden below and MANY more fantasy golf tools, sign up for GNN Plus to gain access to the analysis! Your first two months' dues will be donated to one of two charities: Special Olympics or The First Tee!