Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf picks. Each week of the PGA Tour season, we'll present our top picks for that week's tournament and make recommendations for DraftKings' one-week fantasy leagues.
Have you ever played one-week fantasy leagues? YOU COULD WIN $100,000 THIS WEEK! Give them a try with a free entry this week with your first deposit. You could take down our expert picks and win some big bucks.
Rory McIlroy was on our radar last week at the Deutsche Bank, but his putting woes kept us from elevating him into our top 10. Then he had his best putting week of the last two seasons and won the second playoff event for the second time in his career. Now, the top 70 players head to Crooked Stick for the first BMW Championship there since 2012.
For GNN Plus subscribers, you can access our NEW searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, our top-15 finish chart and season-long trends on DraftKings valuations. They'll be available at your disposal as part of a growing set of tools to help in your research.
2016 BMW Championship top 10 picks
1. Jason Day -- Day struggled with his driver at the Deutsche Bank, so that's something to keep in mind for the BMW, but he's still been very consistent through the season.
2. Dustin Johnson -- Crooked Stick seems like a course that tends to reward power. That would be up D.J.'s alley. Two finishes outside the top 10 since the start of June.
3. Rory McIlroy -- If Rory McIlroy is going to putt like he did at TPC Boston (or even close to it), then he can be a threat. He's streaky, but he's returning to a place where he won in 2012.
4. Patrick Reed -- Reed is remarkably consistent this year, and he's been on firm footing dating back to the final two majors of the year. Worth a look again this week.
5. Jordan Spieth -- Spieth is just a little off each week. There's just a little something that's wrong. However, he's good enough to pop top 20s out of an off week.
6. Ryan Moore -- Moore has been on a tear of late, with top-eight finishes in both playoff events. He's doing well.
7. Adam Scott -- Somewhat quietly, Adam Scott has been playing well in the first two playoff events. At the right price, he's worth a look.
8. Zach Johnson -- Yeah, yeah, Zach Johnson has played blah golf in the playoffs. However, he's got three top-15 finishes in this event in the last five years. He likes this particular part of the schedule.
9. Gary Woodland -- Typically, we're averse to Gary Woodland. Just too many variables with his short game. However, he's playing well in the playoffs and has the length for Crooked Stick.
10. Jason Kokrak -- Kokrak may well be a long-shot to win this week at Crooked Stick, but he's stepped up his game in the playoffs and he might be at the right price.
GNN PLUS: JOIN NOW! -- NEW! Searchable PGA Tour results database | DraftKings salary trends | PGA Tour top-15 finish trends
My DraftKings team for this week:
We await DraftKings salaries.
Join GNN Plus and get the fantasy edge!
If you want to win at DraftKings daily fantasy golf, you have to figure out a way to find six golfers that play all 72 holes and earn roughly 85 points each.
You likely have to identify a couple of players in the top five, at least the top seven, and you'd ideally not have a player finish outside the top 20.
Doing that takes research, looking at a variety of factors, including:
- Finish trends, both in recent weeks on the PGA Tour and at that week's event,
- Salary trends, deciphering which players are showing value based on their performance, and
- Statistical trends, identifying the common threads among winners in that week's event
That's what Golf News Net will deliver each week to GNN Plus members in this space, offering a complete research package which dives into these three areas to find the players that should be in your lineup for this week.
To access this research hidden below and MANY more fantasy golf tools, sign up for GNN Plus to gain access to the analysis!
BECOME A GNN PLUS MEMBER NOW!
Cancel anytime for a pro-rated refund
$30 for 12 months' access
$3 for 1 month's access, auto-renews
$3 for 1 month's access, doesn't auto-renew