Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf picks. Each week of the PGA Tour season, we'll present our top picks for that week's tournament and make recommendations for DraftKings' one-week fantasy leagues.
Have you ever played one-week fantasy leagues? YOU COULD WIN $100,000 THIS WEEK! Give them a try with a free entry this week with your first deposit. You could take down our expert picks and win some big bucks.
STORY CONTINUES BELOW
Patrick Reed did it: He finally put together four good rounds of driving to finish off a PGA Tour win. He's the FedEx Cup playoff leader heading to the Deutsche Bank Championship, which starts Friday at TPC Boston. Rickie Fowler is the defending champion in a tournament Jason Day just loves.
For GNN Plus subscribers, you can access our NEW searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, our top-15 finish chart and season-long trends on DraftKings valuations. They'll be available at your disposal as part of a growing set of tools to help in your research.
2016 Deutsche Bank Championship top 10 picks
1. Jason Day -- Day has four top-15 finishes in this event in the last five years. He loves the course and is a putting demon.
2. Dustin Johnson -- D.J. doesn't have a whole lot to show for himself at TPC Boston, but it's hard to dislike a guy who has enjoyed the season he's had.
3. Patrick Reed -- It was impossible to ignore Reed last week on Long Island, and it's hard to see why he doesn't deserve a look again this week. He's in America Mode.
4. Jordan Spieth -- Something is just a little off about Spieth's game right now, but it's still good enough to finish in the top 15 most weeks.
5. Rickie Fowler -- The defending champion choked away a chance at The Barclays and a spot on the U.S. Ryder Cup team. He'll be highly motivated on a course where he has good vibes.
6. Henrik Stenson -- Stenson would rank higher were it not for the WD at The Barclays. He may be walking wounded between now and the end of the season.
7. Jim Furyk -- For you Furyk haters, Furyk's going to lock up a captain's pick this week. He loves the DBC and performs well here.
8. Emiliano Grillo -- Whenever Emiliano Grillo figures out how to putt a little better, he's going on a tear.
9. Matt Kuchar -- Kuchar is a guy who seems destined for a Ryder Cup captain's pick, but he's motivated to show he can play with the pressure on. Consistent since May.
10. Ryan Moore -- Yeah, Ryan Moore is playing better than Rory McIlroy right now. T-7 at The Barclays is a mark of his ballstriking.
My DraftKings team for this week:
1. Jason Day - $12,500
2. Jim Furyk - $8,800
3. Ryan Moore - $7,900
4. Brandt Snedeker - $7,700
5. Steve Stricker - $7,000
6. Webb Simpson - $6,100
Join GNN Plus and get the fantasy edge!
If you want to win at DraftKings daily fantasy golf, you have to figure out a way to find six golfers that play all 72 holes and earn roughly 85 points each.
You likely have to identify a couple of players in the top five, at least the top seven, and you'd ideally not have a player finish outside the top 20.
Doing that takes research, looking at a variety of factors, including:
- Finish trends, both in recent weeks on the PGA Tour and at that week's event,
- Salary trends, deciphering which players are showing value based on their performance, and
- Statistical trends, identifying the common threads among winners in that week's event
That's what Golf News Net will deliver each week to GNN Plus members in this space, offering a complete research package which dives into these three areas to find the players that should be in your lineup for this week.
To access this research hidden below and MANY more fantasy golf tools, sign up for GNN Plus to gain access to the analysis!
BECOME A GNN PLUS MEMBER NOW!
Cancel anytime for a pro-rated refund
$30 for 12 months' access
$3 for 1 month's access, auto-renews
$3 for 1 month's access, doesn't auto-renew
THAT WAS FUN, RIGHT?!
Get more from GNN in your inbox, including great deals and contests!
If your email address disappears, it worked! We'll never sell your info.