Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf picks. Each week of the PGA Tour season, we'll present our top picks for that week's tournament and make recommendations for DraftKings' one-week fantasy leagues.
Have you ever played one-week fantasy leagues? YOU COULD WIN $100,000 THIS WEEK! Give them a try with a free entry this week with your first deposit. You could take down our expert picks and win some big bucks.
The FedEx Cup playoffs are here, with The Barclays (soon to be The Northern Trust in 2017) returning to Bethpage Black for the first time since 2012. We get the band back together with the best players for the next four tournaments in a five-week stretch, culminating in someone winning $10 million at the Tour Championship in Atlanta.
For GNN Plus subscribers, you can access our NEW searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, our top-15 finish chart and season-long trends on DraftKings valuations. They'll be available at your disposal as part of a growing set of tools to help in your research.
STORY CONTINUES BELOW
2016 The Barclays top 10 picks
1. Jason Day - Day is still the best player on the planet right now, and he's playing complete golf.
2. Henrik Stenson - Could have easily made Stenson No. 1 on our list this week. He's 42 under in his last 12 competitive rounds between the Open, the PGA and the Olympics. Sold.
3. Dustin Johnson - A missed cut at the PGA was a downer, but he was kind of due. Plenty of time to rest and return on a course where he was T-3 in 2012. Built for Bethpage.
4. Rory McIlroy - The best driver on the planet finally gets to go back to a Scotty Cameron putter. That may be the jolt he needs to get it going after a tough season.
5. Brandt Snedeker - Snedeker was runner-up here in 2012 and has been playing excellent golf of late. As Rob Bolton points out, he leads the PGA Tour in par-4 scoring, an absolutely important stat at long and demanding Bethpage.
6. Patrick Reed - Reed has been producing great finishes all season despite not being all that special off the tee. If he can keep the ball in the short stuff for a week, he'll win.
7. Jordan Spieth - Spieth's just kind of been hanging around for the last couple of months, not doing anything particularly impressive. He should be charged for this run, however.
8. Hideki Matsuyama - If Matsuyama could ever putt well consistently, he, like Rory McIlroy, would be world No. 1. In the top four in his last two starts and playing on a course where ballstriking is a must.
9. Brooks Koepka - Koepka put on a great run at Baltusrol in the PGA Championship. Extra time to improve that bum ankle, too, should be nice.
10. Justin Rose - The Olympic gold medalist has to be feeling extremely good about himself, as he should. He's a playoff beast, though not typically in the opener. Very good driver of the ball.
My DraftKings team for this week:
1. Henrik Stenson - $11,700
2. Brandt Snedeker - $8,900
3. Emiliano Grillo - $8,300
4. Paul Casey - $7,800
5. Billy Horschel - $6,700
6. William McGirt - $6,100
Join GNN Plus and get the fantasy edge!
If you want to win at DraftKings daily fantasy golf, you have to figure out a way to find six golfers that play all 72 holes and earn roughly 85 points each.
You likely have to identify a couple of players in the top five, at least the top seven, and you'd ideally not have a player finish outside the top 20.
Doing that takes research, looking at a variety of factors, including:
- Finish trends, both in recent weeks on the PGA Tour and at that week's event,
- Salary trends, deciphering which players are showing value based on their performance, and
- Statistical trends, identifying the common threads among winners in that week's event
That's what Golf News Net will deliver each week to GNN Plus members in this space, offering a complete research package which dives into these three areas to find the players that should be in your lineup for this week.
To access this research hidden below and MANY more fantasy golf tools, sign up for GNN Plus to gain access to the analysis!
BECOME A GNN PLUS MEMBER NOW!
Cancel anytime for a pro-rated refund
$30 for 12 months' access
$3 for 1 month's access, auto-renews
$3 for 1 month's access, doesn't auto-renew