Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf picks. Each week of the PGA Tour season, we'll present our top picks for that week's tournament and make recommendations for DraftKings' one-week fantasy leagues.
Have you ever played one-week fantasy leagues? YOU COULD WIN $100,000 THIS WEEK! Give them a try with a free entry this week with your first deposit. You could take down our expert picks and win some big bucks.
It's a two-tournament week in golf, with the John Deere Classic on the PGA Tour and the 60-player men's Olympic golf tournament in Brazil. Both tournaments have fantasy golf games, particularly on DraftKings, this week. So, here we'll offer our normal analysis for the weekly PGA Tour event, including our GNN Plus analysis, available here.
We're also offering below a free top 10 for the men's Olympic golf tournament, as well GNN Plus analysis.
Golf's return to the Olympics has been a long, strange trip, but here we are with a modest field in Rio de Janeiro. We're playing on a Sandbelt-style course designed by Gil Hanse that has a lot of risk reward.
For GNN Plus subscribers, you can access our NEW searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, our top-15 finish chart and season-long trends on DraftKings valuations. They'll be available at your disposal as part of a growing set of tools to help in your research.
2016 men's Olympic golf tournament top 10 picks
1. Henrik Stenson -- We love Stenson for a few reasons. He's 30 under in his last eight major rounds, and he's also a brilliant desert golf player, which is a similar style to the Sandbelt-influence of this course.
2. Patrick Reed -- Reed's game travels really well. He's basically been in the top 13 or so in the last three starts. He loves playing for America.
3. Justin Rose -- Rose hasn't been splendid this summer, and he's been dealing with a back problem. However, top-25s in the last two majors are solid.
4. Sergio Garcia -- Garcia wasn't a factor at Baltusrol, and the Spaniard was due for a letdown. But he's a strong desert player, particularly in Qatar, and he should like this brand of golf.
5. Emiliano Grillo -- Grillo finally has his golf clubs, and he's ready to continue on his trend of great golf in all competitions this summer.
6. Matt Kuchar -- Kuchar hasn't been good in the last two majors, but he's been strong pretty much everywhere else. Seems like he's playing care-free golf considering he didn't bother to know the format.
7. Jhonattan Vegas -- Jhonny Vegas is playing great golf in the last month and a half. He's got a chance to win in South America, one of the best home continent threats.
8. Bubba Watson -- Bubba hasn't been his usual self this year, but the guy is excited to be here and the sightlines of this golf course could well suit his love of shaping the golf ball.
9. Soren Kjeldsen -- Love Kjeldsen because he's a brilliant wind player, he handles links-style courses well and he's got two top-10s in majors this year.
10. Alex Cejka -- Cejka is a great value play this week, particularly in a no-cut event. He's gone T-5, T-11 in his last two starts.
My DraftKings team for this week:
1. Emiliano Grillo - $9,600
2. Thongchai Jaidee - $8,600
3. Soren Kjeldsen - $8,500
4. Jhonattan Vegas - $8,300
5. David Hearn - $7,400
6. Alex Cejka - $6,600
Join GNN Plus and get the fantasy edge!
If you want to win at DraftKings daily fantasy golf, you have to figure out a way to find six golfers that play all 72 holes and earn roughly 85 points each.
You likely have to identify a couple of players in the top five, at least the top seven, and you'd ideally not have a player finish outside the top 20.
Doing that takes research, looking at a variety of factors, including:
- Finish trends, both in recent weeks on the PGA Tour and at that week's event,
- Salary trends, deciphering which players are showing value based on their performance, and
- Statistical trends, identifying the common threads among winners in that week's event
That's what Golf News Net will deliver each week to GNN Plus members in this space, offering a complete research package which dives into these three areas to find the players that should be in your lineup for this week.
To access this research hidden below and MANY more fantasy golf tools, sign up for GNN Plus to gain access to the analysis!
BECOME A GNN PLUS MEMBER NOW!
Cancel anytime for a pro-rated refund
$30 for 12 months' access
$3 for 1 month's access, auto-renews
$3 for 1 month's access, doesn't auto-renew