The folks at Mercedes-Benz have unveiled what they believe will be the future of the golf cart.
At the Open Championship, the Daimler company unveiled the Mercedes-Benz Style Edition Garia golf cart, a collaboration with Garia, which makes luxury golf carts. It's a pretty slick-looking golf cart.
Yes, the golf cart has headlights, wipers, a windscreen heater and more. Some additional features of the Mercedes-Benz golf cart include:
- Integrated on-board touchpad that displays several car functions, as well as the layout of the golf course, current position and an electronic score card.
- Built-in refrigerator under the bench seat and a storage tray under the dashboard to hold a row of golf balls at one time.
- Hands-free system with Bluetooth connection and hi-fi speakers integrated into the rear roof frame, allowing music from any smartphone.
- Range of up to 50 miles with a top speed of 19 mph.
- Use of LED technology in headlamps, ensuring good visibility in any weather conditions.
This cart was born out of a 2013 Facebook contest put on by Mercedes-Benz, asking for fans to send ideas of the golf cart of the future. Garia co-founder Anders Lynge came across the design competion by accident, entered and won it.
We don't yet know the price tag on this baby, but it could be available sooner than later. We had a chance to see it in person during the U.S. unveil during the PGA Championship.