TNT (Turner) and CBS Sports air the PGA Championship, with TNT airing all four days of the championship, while CBS takes weekend afternoons. On Thursday and Friday, however, because the coverage comes on a little late, most Americans may have to wait a while to see their favorite players.
However, TNT, CBS Sports, the CBS Sports app, PGA.com and the PGA of America app offer extra channels of excellent action from Baltusrol. The problem? The screen on your phone or computer isn't quite as big as your beautiful flat-screen TV.
STORY CONTINUES BELOW
You can use your Apple device, either the iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, with the Apple TV device to stream the British Open Championship digital channels. Here's how:
- Fire up the CBS Sports app or the PGA of America app on your Apple device and start playing one of the digital channels.
- Turn on your Apple TV.
- Drag up from the bottom of your Apple device to pull up a menu with options for turning on AirPlay. In the middle of the screen, press the AirPlay button, allowing the Apple device to be discovered by the Apple TV box.
- Apple TV will automatically discover your Apple device and, when it does, your Apple device will display the name of your Apple TV (usually "Apple TV").
- Select that Apple TV name.
- The PGA video channel you've selected will start playing on your Apple TV with high-definition quality.
- If you want to change digital channels, do it on your Apple device in the app.
SUPPORT GNN IN OUR MISSION TO CHANGE GOLF MEDIA
For just $10 annually, you'll get:
- An ad-free experience
- Exclusive fantasy golf and betting research
- Special discounts and member benefits
- Entry into member-only giveaways
- A USGA handicap for just $20 per year