The 2016 PGA Championship returns to Baltusrol and its Lower Course and will be played July 28-31 in Springfield, N.J. Jason Day is the defending champion, winning at Whistling Straits last year in a duel with Jordan Spieth. Phil Mickelson was the champion in 2005 the last time that the PGA Championship was at Baltusrol.
RELATED: WIN $1,000,000 by entering the $33 PGA Championship DraftKings contest! | 2016 PGA Championship fantasy golf picks, betting tips | 2016 PGA Championship 1st and 2nd round tee times | 2016 PGA Championship betting odds | 2016 PGA Championship field: Exemptions and qualifiers
STORY CONTINUES BELOW
Here's a look at the 2016 PGA Championship field, exemptions and how they qualified:
- All former PGA champions: Jason Day, Rory McIlroy, Jason Dufner, Keegan Bradley, Martin Kaymer, Y.E. Yang, Padraig Harrington, Phil Mickelson, Vijay Singh, Shaun Micheel, Rich Beem, David Toms, John Daly
- Winners of the last five Masters: Danny Willett, Jordan Spieth, Bubba Watson, Adam Scott
- Winners of the last five U.S. Opens: Dustin Johnson, Justin Rose, Webb Simpson
- Winners of the last five Open Championships: Henrik Stenson, Zach Johnson, Ernie Els.
- The last Senior PGA Champion: Rocco Mediate
- The low 15 scorers and ties in the 2015 PGA Championship: Branden Grace, Brooks Koepka, Anirban Lahiri, George Coetzee, Matt Kuchar, Tony Finau, Robert Streb, Russell Henley, David Lingmerth, Brandt Snedeker, Brendan Steele
- The 20 low scorers in the 2016 PGA Professional National Championship: Rich Berberian, Mark Brown, Omar Uresti, Josh Speight, Rod Perry, Wyatt Worthington, Matt Dobyns, Michael Block, Joe Summerhays, Ryan Helminen, Tommy Sharp, Ben Polland, Mitch Lowe, Brad Lardon, Rob Labritz, Johan Kok, Brian Gaffney, Rick Schuller, Brad Ott, David Muttitt
- The 70 leaders in official money standings on the PGA Tour, from the 2015 WGC-Bridgestone Invitational and Barracuda Championship until the 2016 Open Championship and Barbasol Championship: Rickie Fowler, Patrick Reed, Daniel Berger, Kevin Chappell, Hideki Matsuyama, Justin Thomas, Scott Piercy, Kevin Na, Russell Knox, Kevin Kisner, William McGirt, Sergio Garcia, J.B. Holmes, Shane Lowry, Charley Hoffman, Bill Haas, Charl Schwartzel, Graeme McDowell, Smylie Kaufman, Harris English, Danny Lee, Louis Oosthuizen, Emiliano Grillo, Jim Herman, Paul Casey, James Hahn, Fabian Gomez, Jim Furyk, Charles Howell III, Jon Curran, Kyle Reifers, Gary Woodland, Jamie Lovemark, Daniel Summerhays, Ryan Moore, Colt Knost, Jimmy Walker, Roberto Castro, Jason Bohn, Ryan Palmer, Bryce Molder, Aaron Baddeley, Kevin Streelman, Si Woo Kim, Brian Stuard, Vaughn Taylor, Chris Kirk, Billy Hurley III, Patton Kizzire
- Members of the most recent United States and European Ryder Cup Teams, provided they are in the top 100 of the Official World Golf Ranking ahead of the 2016 RBC Canadian Open: Jamie Donaldson, Victor Dubuisson, Lee Westwood
- Winners of tournaments co-sponsored or approved by the PGA Tour since the previous PGA Championship: Peter Malnati, Greg Chalmers
- Additional PGA of America invitees: Darren Clarke, Byeong Hun An, Kiradech Aphibarnrat, Rafa Cabrera-Bello, Luke Donald, Matthew Fitzpatrick, Marcus Fraser, Tyrrell Hatton, Scott Hend, Yuta Ikeda, Thongchai Jaidee, Matt Jones, Rikard Karlberg, K.T. Kim, Soren Kjeldsen, Soomin Lee, Marc Leishman, Joost Luiten, Francesco Molinari, Alex Noren, Thorbjorn Olesen, Thomas Pieters, Andy Sullivan, Hideto Tanihara, Jeunghun Wang, Bernd Wiesberger, Chris Wood, Gregory Bourdy, Kristoffer Broberg, K.J. Choi, Nicolas Colsaerts, Bradley Dredge, Ross Fisher, Billy Horschel, Andrew Johnston, Shingo Katayama, Jason Kokrak, Troy Merritt, James Morrison, John Senden, Younghan Song, Brandon Stone, Steve Stricker
- To complete the 156-player field, the next available players beyond the top 70 in the PGA points list: Freddie Jacobson, Cameron Tringale, Zac Blair, Harold Varner III