Golf Channel and NBC Sports air the British Open Championship, which starts in the middle of the night for viewers in the United States. On Thursday and Friday, two of the longest days in competitive golf, that means most Americans may have to wait a while to see their favorite players.
However, Golf Channel, the Golf Channel Live Extra app and the NBC Sports Live Extra app offer three extra channels of excellent action from Royal Troon. The problem? The screen on your phone or computer isn't quite as big as your beautiful flat-screen TV.
STORY CONTINUES BELOW
If you have Google's beautifully simple $35 dongle already set up on a bigger screen, then watching the 2016 British Open Championship on your TV using GolfChannel.com, the Golf Channel Live Extra app and the NBC Sports Live Extra app is a breeze.
You can do this from your Android device with a Chromecast:
- Turn on your Google Chromecast and make sure it's connected to your phone.
- On your Android device, download, install and open the Google Cast app.
- At the top of the screen, hit the hamburger/3-bar menu in the search box.
- From the menu that flies in from the left, select Cast Screen/Audio.
- On the screen that loads, hit Cast Screen/Audio, confirm the Chromecast you're sending to, then exit the app.
- Fire up the app of your choice, open up a stream and enjoy!
If you're doing this from your desktop or another computer:
- Install Google Chrome if you don't already have it.
- Go to the Google Chrome Web Store and install the Google Cast extension. It'll create a Chromecast button to the right of the address bar in any tab you open.
- Go to GolfChannel.com and launch the video player to open the streaming channels. Pick the one you want to watch.
- Click the Chromecast button on that tab and connect to the dongle in your TV or larger monitor.
- Click the full-screen button in the GolfChannel.com streaming player to have the biggest view of the action possible on your computer.