Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf picks. Each week of the PGA Tour season, we'll present our top picks for that week's tournament and make recommendations for DraftKings' one-week fantasy leagues.
Have you ever played one-week fantasy leagues? YOU COULD WIN $20,000 THIS WEEK! Give them a try with a free entry this week with your first deposit. You could take down our expert picks and win some big bucks.
STORY CONTINUES BELOW
What a world...
Dustin Johnson is the new U.S. Open champion, which is a phrase that a lot of us probably figured we'd never read or hear. And here we are. Congrats to D.J. for sticking it to his demons, the USGA and Oakmont to pick up what could be the first of several major wins.
This week, we move to the Quicken Loans National, played this year earlier than normal and at Congressional Country Club in Bethesda, Md. This isn't a particularly strong field, but it does have some very solid names.
For GNN Plus subscribers, you can access our NEW searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, our top-15 finish chart and season-long trends on DraftKings valuations. They'll be available at your disposal as part of a growing set of tools to help in your research.
Now, on to the picks!
1. Jim Furyk -- Furyk wrapped up another T-2 Oakmont U.S. Open finish with a slick finishing 66 that just improved as the day progressed. Looks healthy and ready to get back on to being Jim Furyk.
2. Patrick Reed -- Reed is a ballstriker, and he's had a chance to win here before, back when Justin Rose did it in 2014. He's a top-10 machine this year.
3. Kevin Chappell -- Chappell isn't on the run he was earlier in the year, seemingly finishing runner-up every other week, but he seems to play this course modestly well for the Quicken Loans National.
4. Gary Woodland -- This pick could be overrated, particularly in DFS games where Woodland's salary is ridiculous. However, T-12 and T-4 at the Nelson and Memorial were good signs, even if he missed the cut in Memphis.
5. Brendan Steele -- Steele probably deserves higher billing this week. He was T-15 at Oakmont and has back-to-back top-16s in this event at Congo.
6. Daniel Summerhays -- Summerhays is the perfect tough-course guy. He loves playing in events where pars are good scores, and they should be this week. A top-10 at the U.S. Open is a great finish for him.
7. Marc Leishman -- The Aussie was a stud in the Texas Swing Part Deux and finished T-18 at Oakmont. He's got the goods from tee to green.
8. Kevin Streelman -- Streelman is a better Summerhays and a great look on tough, but not too long, venues. T-8 and T-13 in his last two starts. He hits a lot of greens.
9. Charley Hoffman -- He's one of the better players in this field, and he was T-3 here in 2014. But he hasn't done a whole lot since winning in San Antonio, so take that as you will.
10. Rickie Fowler -- Fowler is a class player in the field, so he gets ranked only on that basis. Missed three cuts in a row and has basically no luck at Congressional.
My DraftKings team for this week:
1. Jim Furyk - $11,300
2. Tony Finau - $8,500
3. Daniel Summerhays - $8,100
4. Kevin Streelman - $8,100
5. Kyle Reifers - $7,700
6. Spencer Levin - $6,300
If you want to win at DraftKings daily fantasy golf, you have to figure out a way to find six golfers that play all 72 holes and earn roughly 85 points each.
You likely have to identify a couple of players in the top five, at least the top seven, and you'd ideally not have a player finish outside the top 20.
Doing that takes research, looking at a variety of factors, including:
- Finish trends, both in recent weeks on the PGA Tour and at that week's event,
- Salary trends, deciphering which players are showing value based on their performance, and
- Statistical trends, identifying the common threads among winners in that week's event
That's what Golf News Net will deliver each week to GNN Plus members in this space, offering a complete research package which dives into these three areas to find the players that should be in your lineup for this week.
To access this research hidden below and MANY more fantasy golf tools, sign up for GNN Plus to gain access to the analysis!
BECOME A GNN PLUS MEMBER NOW!
Cancel anytime for a pro-rated refund
$30 for 12 months' access
$3 for 1 month's access, auto-renews