The 2016 U.S. Open is into Day 2 at Oakmont Country Club and the USGA has released the pin sheet with the hole locations for Round 2. As you might imagine at a place as difficult as Oakmont, there aren't a lot of "easy" pin locations.
2016 U.S. Open Round 2 pin placements
STORY CONTINUES BELOW
Some things to note:
- You'll notice a lot of hole locations are near the edges of greens -- three, four and five paces on. That's going to mean playing away from hole locations, even with mildly softer conditions.
- The hole location on No. 8 is the best to make birdie...any birdie.
- The hole location on No. 1 is going to invite some possible birdies, but it could also lead to three-putts galore.
- With the pin back and right on No. 17, the play is probably to lay up, though landing the ball in the front right bunker could invite a chunk-and-run of sorts.
SUPPORT GNN IN OUR MISSION TO CHANGE GOLF MEDIA
For just $10 annually, you'll get:
- An ad-free experience
- Exclusive fantasy golf and betting research
- Special discounts and member benefits
- Entry into member-only giveaways
- A USGA handicap for just $20 per year