Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf picks. Each week of the PGA Tour season, we'll present our top picks for that week's tournament and make recommendations for DraftKings' one-week fantasy leagues.
Have you ever played one-week fantasy leagues? YOU COULD WIN $20,000 THIS WEEK! Give them a try with a free entry this week with your first deposit. You could take down our expert picks and win some big bucks.
Who saw that coming? A Jon Curran-William McGirt playoff for the Memorial? Well, we had McGirt as one of the guys you should look out for based on our key stat, which was par-4 scoring. Then again, if you were a GNN Plus subscriber, you'd know that!
Alright, this week is kind of a dud. The FedEx St. Jude Classic is a good, well-run tournament, but it's hard to attract a top field after USGA sectional qualifying and the week before the U.S. Open. However, we have some solid names in the field.
STORY CONTINUES BELOW
For GNN Plus subscribers, you can access our NEW searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, our top-15 finish chart and season-long trends on DraftKings valuations. They'll be available at your disposal as part of a growing set of tools to help in your research.
Now, on to the picks!
1. Dustin Johnson -- Johnson is a former winner here back in 2012 and was in third place last week at Memorial. He's done pretty much nothing but finish highly this year.
2. Brooks Koepka -- Koepka has top-20 finishes in his only two Memphis appearances, so that's good enough for us. A good finish, albeit a playoff loss, at the Nelson is encouraging, too.
3. Ryan Palmer -- Palmer was T-3 on his home track at Colonial, which also has small greens. He sees them well. He had back-to-back top-four finishes here in 2012 and '13.
4. Phil Mickelson -- Mickelson is a little two-faced right now, and it's unclear which Lefty will show up from week to week. But he has two medal-stand finishes in his last three Memphis starts, so we're good with him this week.
5. Kyle Reifers -- We're probably overrating Reifers a little here, and he's overvalued in daily fantasy games. However, he's figured something out of late, with top-20s in his last three starts and making his last five cuts.
6. Colt Knost -- Knost is playing the best golf of his pro career right now, and he's coming to TPC Southwind, where he has a good record. Well worth a look this week.
7. Daniel Berger -- Berger finished T-67 at Memorial, but he had peeled off five straight top-20 finishes before that. He's a Bermudagrass specialist, which we have this week.
8. Harris English -- English is a former winner here who is admittedly now focused on trophies, not paychecks. He was 2nd at Memorial, which is a pretty comparable course in terms of putting surfaces and targets. We like his chances.
9. Retief Goosen -- I like the Goose this week, what can I say? He's missed one cut this year and has top-14 finishes in his last two starts. Was third here in 2011.
10. Chad Campbell -- The Texan had a great home-state stretch, with a pair of top-12 finishes. He has a pair of top-eight finishes here in the last four years, so he's good horse for this course.
My DraftKings team for this week:
1. Dustin Johnson - $12,800
2. Chad Campbell - $7,800
3. Retief Goosen - $7,600
4. Cameron Tringale - $7,300
5. Tim Wilkinson - $7,200
6. Camilo Villegas - $6,900
If you want to win at DraftKings daily fantasy golf, you have to figure out a way to find six golfers that play all 72 holes and earn roughly 85 points each.
You likely have to identify a couple of players in the top five, at least the top seven, and you'd ideally not have a player finish outside the top 20.
Doing that takes research, looking at a variety of factors, including:
- Finish trends, both in recent weeks on the PGA Tour and at that week's event,
- Salary trends, deciphering which players are showing value based on their performance, and
- Statistical trends, identifying the common threads among winners in that week's event
That's what Golf News Net will deliver each week to GNN Plus members in this space, offering a complete research package which dives into these three areas to find the players that should be in your lineup for this week.
To access this research hidden below and MANY more fantasy golf tools, sign up for GNN Plus to gain access to the analysis!
BECOME A GNN PLUS MEMBER NOW!
Cancel anytime for a pro-rated refund
$30 for 12 months' access
$3 for 1 month's access, auto-renews