Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf picks. Each week of the PGA Tour season, we'll present our top picks for that week's tournament and make recommendations for DraftKings' one-week fantasy leagues.
Have you ever played one-week fantasy leagues? YOU COULD WIN $100,000 THIS WEEK! Give them a try with a free entry this week with your first deposit. You could take down our expert picks and win some big bucks.
STORY CONTINUES BELOW
The Players Championship turned out to be a fairly easy prediction week, thanks to Jason Day taking down the title at TPC Sawgrass in wire-to-wire fashion. We also had Hideki Matsuyama up there and Rory McIlroy in the mix. Then again, Jordan Spieth and Rickie Fowler were among those who missed the cut.
We move to Dallas this week, with TPC Four Seasons hosting a modest field for the AT&T Byron Nelson. Spieth headlines in his hometown event.
For GNN Plus subscribers, you can access our NEW searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, our top-15 finish chart and season-long trends on DraftKings valuations. They'll be available at your disposal as part of a growing set of tools to help in your research.
Now, on to the picks!
1. Dustin Johnson -- He hasn't won here, but he has four top-10 finishes in six career starts at TPC Four Seasons. He's found a groove of consistent golf, even in places he hasn't historically liked, including a T-28 at The Players.
2. Matt Kuchar -- Kooch put up a T-3 at The Players, which is his best PGA Tour finish in over a year. Three top-15s in the last five years is a more than solid record here.
3. Ryan Palmer -- Palmer loves this tournament, with a trio of top-15s. He's also missed just one cut all season, in his first start. Was tied for fourth at the Texas Open.
4. Charley Hoffman -- Hoffman has four career top-10s in this event, and he's playing great golf, including a Lone Star win last month. That's not shabby. Runner-up here last year.
5. Jordan Spieth -- As Spieth goes through swing changes, it's clear he's going to have moments of frustration. That doesn't mean to fade him, but it means looking for other value. Spieth has the talent to do well here, but he said at The Players that he hasn't felt he's contended here since he was a 16-year-old amateur.
6. Colt Knost -- Knost shot 63 at The Players en route to a T-3, his second top-10 finish in the last five PGA Tour events. Was T-10 in this event in 2015.
7. Charl Schwartzel -- We haven't seen the South African since missing the cut at the Masters and deciding the Olympics are not for him. However, a pair of top-15s here is a reason to like him in a relatively weak field.
8. Jason Dufner -- Dufner is a past winner here, back in 2012. He's also been fairly mundane since winning the CareerBuilder -- but in a good way. He's only missed two cuts in his last 10 starts.
9. Marc Leishman -- The Aussie isn't doing anything special of late, but he's also not playing poorly. His only missed cut since February is at Augusta National. He has a pair of third-place finishes here in the last five years.
10. Zach Johnson -- Johnson has been playing mediocre golf starting at and since the Masters. However, he was T-5 here last year and should line up with TPC Four Seasons.
My DraftKings team for this week:
1. Matt Kuchar - $10,500
2. Marc Leishman - $9,500
3. Charles Howell III - $8,200
4. Colt Knost - $7,800
5. Bryce Molder - $7,600
6. Chad Collins - $6,300
If you want to win at DraftKings daily fantasy golf, you have to figure out a way to find six golfers that play all 72 holes and earn roughly 85 points each.
You likely have to identify a couple of players in the top five, at least the top seven, and you'd ideally not have a player finish outside the top 20.
Doing that takes research, looking at a variety of factors, including:
- Finish trends, both in recent weeks on the PGA Tour and at that week's event,
- Salary trends, deciphering which players are showing value based on their performance, and
- Statistical trends, identifying the common threads among winners in that week's event
That's what Golf News Net will deliver each week to GNN Plus members in this space, offering a complete research package which dives into these three areas to find the players that should be in your lineup for this week.
To access this research hidden below and MANY more fantasy golf tools, sign up for GNN Plus to gain access to the analysis!
BECOME A GNN PLUS MEMBER NOW!
Cancel anytime for a pro-rated refund
$30 for 12 months' access
$3 for 1 month's access, auto-renews