The PGA Tour is in the New Orleans area this week -- Avondale, La., to be specific -- for the Zurich Classic at TPC Louisiana.
The host course is a Pete Dye design, done in tandem, as many TPC courses have been, with input from PGA Tour players. It's a fun risk-reward course that isn't as over the top as TPC Sawgrass or Harbour Town Golf Links, which is perfect for an average player.
TPC Louisiana is offering a new package to get you on the course after the Zurich Classic. As part of the package, you'll be able to experience some of the fine cuisine and culture the Big Easy has to offer.
Named after Tripod, the three-legged gator that calls TPC Louisiana home, the package has three major draws:
STORY CONTINUES BELOW
- 6 days/5 nights accommodations at InterContinental New Orleans in a one-bedroom corner suite, including a buffet breakfast and turndown service
- A $200 per couple a la carte dinner credit, complete with an in-meal visit with the in-house Executive Chef.
- Two rounds of golf for two at TPC Louisiana, including transportation, club rental (optional), lunch both days and unlimited drinks
- Several tours through Louisiana Tour Company:
- "Cajun Invasion Tour", which includes a seaplane flight and airboat swamp tour, as well lunch
- A private tour of New Orleans, including a stop for beignets
- Two "Big Shot" reserved seats for a jazz shot at Preservation Hall
- A cocktail walking tour for two, which is two-and-a-half hours of visting historic bars and restaurants while sampling the area's most famous drinks
- Dinner for two at Langlois, a New Orleans supper club, which emphasizes local cuisine and ingredients
- Flyboarding for two with your own GoPro camera to capture the experience