The Masters doesn't come on TV until 3 p.m. on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, with a 2 p.m. start on championship Sunday. However, the Masters begins airing three digital channels -- Amen Corner, Holes 15 and 16 and the two Featured Groups -- around 10:45 a.m. Eastern each morning.
But, if you have the Masters app -- and why wouldn't you? -- you might be thinking that you're stuck watching the start of each day's action from Augusta National on your phone, computer or tablet. Wrong. Totally wrong, if you have Apple TV.
RELATED: 2016 Masters app streaming schedule
You can use your Apple device, either the iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, with the Apple TV device to stream the Masters digital channels. Here's how:
- Fire up the Masters app on your Apple device and start playing one of the digital channels.
- Turn on your Apple TV.
- Drag up from the bottom of your Apple device to pull up a menu with options for turning on AirPlay. In the middle of the screen, press the AirPlay button, allowing the Apple device to be discovered by the Apple TV box.
- Apple TV will automatically discover your Apple device and, when it does, your Apple device will display the name of your Apple TV (usually "Apple TV").
- Select that Apple TV name.
- The Masters video channel you've selected will start playing on your Apple TV with high-definition quality.
- If you want to change digital channels, do it on your Apple device in the app.
SUPPORT GNN IN OUR MISSION TO CHANGE GOLF MEDIA
For just $10 annually, you'll get:
- An ad-free experience
- Exclusive fantasy golf and betting research
- Special discounts and member benefits
- Entry into member-only giveaways
- A USGA handicap for just $20 per year