Winning at daily fantasy golf is not easy, particularly in tournaments with a lot of entries, including this week's DraftKings $125,000 event for the CIMB Classic. There will be almost 47,900 entries, and just one will take home the $10,000 first-place prize.
Getting the winner is essential to winning at daily fantasy golf and finding another player in the top five will carry your entry a lot way. However, to have any chance at the big money, you'll need all six players to have a great week. That means you need to find value in players -- especially, a limited-field, no-cut event, those around $8,000 -- with lower salaries in a salary-cap contest, like the ones on DraftKings.
With that in mind, and a limited inventory this week, here are some sleepers we see in the DraftKings CIMB Classic contest:
1. Cameron Tringale ($8,000) -- Was no good here in 2013, finishing near the very bottom of the leaderboard. However, a T-2 finish in Vegas is encouraging.
2. Daniel Summerhays ($7,800) -- A pair of top-32 finishes to start the year for Summerhays, who was perfect inside of 3 feet last year on the PGA Tour.
3. Rory Sabbatini ($7,100) -- A top-25 finish for Sabo in three of his last five PGA Tour starts, and he was T-8 here last year. Not bad.
Our picks last week almost worked, but came up short:
1. Jhonattan Vegas -- T-43
2. Andrew Loupe ($6,800) -- Missed the cut
3. Pat Perez ($6,600) -- Missed the cut