Winning at daily fantasy golf is not easy, particularly in tournaments with a lot of entries, including this week's DraftKings $200,000 event for the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open. There will be almost 76,600 entries, and just one will take home the $15,000 first-place prize.
Getting the winner is essential to winning at daily fantasy golf and finding another player in the top five will carry your entry a lot way. However, to have any chance at the big money, you'll need all six players to have a great week. That means you need to find value in players -- especially those around $7,000 -- with lower salaries in a salary-cap contest, like the ones on DraftKings.
With that in mind, and a limited inventory this week, here are some sleepers we see in the DraftKings Shriners Hospitals for Children Open contest:
1. Jhonattan Vegas ($6,900) -- Jhonny Vegas came up short of regaining PGA Tour status through the Web.com Tour Finals but enjoyed a top-10 finish on a sponsor's exemption at the Frys.com Open. Gets him in here, where he's 3-for-3 in cashes.
2. Andrew Loupe ($6,800) -- Loupe won during the Web.com Tour Finals and finished T-10 at Frys. Making a Vegas debut.
3. Pat Perez ($6,600) -- Perez is an all-or-nothing guy in Sin City. In three of his last four starts here, however, he's finished inside the top 30.
Our picks last week almost worked, but came up short:
1. Tom Hoge ($7,000) -- MC by three shots.
2. John Peterson ($6,600) -- Good opening 71, then tanked in the middle of the second round to miss the cut.
3. Steve Marino ($6,100) -- MC by four shots.
SUPPORT GNN IN OUR MISSION TO CHANGE GOLF MEDIA
For just $10 annually, you'll get:
- An ad-free experience
- Exclusive fantasy golf and betting research
- Special discounts and member benefits
- Entry into member-only giveaways
- A USGA handicap for just $20 per year